On Tuesday, October 17, Mipcom unveiled the winners for the Diversify TV Awards, which honor international programming promoting diversity and inclusion, during the awards ceremony, which took place in the Palais des Festivals and was hosted by international journalist and anchor Femi Oke.
The nominees were picked from 165 submissions from more than 27 countries. To be eligible, programs were required to provide a fair and balanced representation of race and ethnicity, the LGBTQIA+ and disabled communities; to show a positive impact; to stand out in originality and excellence in terms of storytelling, casting and production values; to challenge stereotypes and to have aired tin the past year. The awards honor both fiction and non-fiction shows.
Below the full list of winners:
- Inside our Autistic Minds (UK): Representation of Disability - Non-Scripted
- About Antoine (Canada): Representation of Disability - Scripted
- Nights in Tefía (Spain): Representation of LGBTQIA+ - Scripted
- Lotus Sports Club (Cambodia): Representation of LGBTQIA+ - Non-Scripted
- Little Bird (Canada): Representation of Race and Ethnicity - Scripted
- The Swap (Australia): Representation of Race and Ethnicity – Non-Scripted
- Reu and Harper's Wonder World (UK): Representation of Diversity in Kids Programming - Pre-School
- Phoenix Rise (UK): Representation of Diversity in Kids Programming - Older Children
- Deborah Williams OBE (UK) CEO, Creative Diversity Network (CDN): The Behind The Scenes Impact
For more info: LINK