BBC Studios Connect is a new, specially created sales portal offering international buyers unprecedented insight into the company’s content pipeline, curated collections designed to meet audience needs, unique access to the very latest titles, unseen footage from new shows and bespoke producer and talent sessions.
Paul Dempsey, President, Global Distribution, BBC Studios said, “We have created a dedicated space for customers to immerse themselves in our content and are looking forward to lifting the curtain on a range of new shows, guiding visitors through our rich slate and hearing from the creators of programmes that audiences around the world will soon be talking about.”
The site opens on 28th September for three weeks and will feature:
- The Pursuit of Love Masterclass – writer, director and star Emily Mortimer is joined by Lily James, Andrew Scott, Dominic West and Emily Beecham to talk about this sharp, witty and irreverent adaptation of the best-selling novel;
- A Perfect Planet – series producer Huw Cordey from Silverback Films offers amazing insight and first looks at the newest natural history landmark, four years in the making;
- Oscar-winning filmmaker Steve McQueen discusses his forthcoming drama anthology of five original films, Small Axe;
- Richard Dormer and Lara Rossi join lead writer and executive producer Simon Allen and executive producer Richard Stokes to reveal how they have brought The Watch, inspired by the characters created by Sir Terry Pratchett’s famous Discworld, to the screen;
- Multi-award winning director Andrew Haigh and Jo McClellan, BBC Commissioning Editor, Drama talk about See-Saw’s stunningly atmospheric drama The North Water starring Colin Farrell and Jack O’Connell;
- Best-selling author Adam Kay joins director Lucy Forbes to give an early insight into Sister Pictures’ adaptation of Kay’s award-winning memoir of a doctor, This Is Going to Hurt;
- The Top Gear team unveil what’s in store ahead of their new series move to BBC One;
- Executive producer Simon Heath (Line of Duty, Bodyguard) talks to writer Ben Richards (Cobra, Spooks) about their new UKTV crime drama The Diplomat;
- And leading the formats slate are Our DNA Journey, a new format that follows two celebrities as you’ve never seen them before, teaming up for an epic global adventure to uncover the family (past and present) they never knew they had. And hugely popular gameshow Weakest Link which has sold to over 40 countries and is currently being rebooted in the U.S. with Jane Lynch (Glee) at the helm.
BBC Studios will also be taking part in MIPCOM’s Global Upfronts, showcasing new content for buyers and appearing on the MIPCOM Online+ platform.