Unsolved Mysteries reboot is coming to Netflix
Scripted Format | Milano | 27/01/2019
Global streaming giant Netflix is reviving the classic true crime docuseries Unsolved Mysteries.
As with the original, each episode of the rebooted series will look at a single unsolved mystery and invite viewers to send in tips to close the cases once and for all.
Unsolved Mysteries originally ran for 11 seasons on NBC and CBS from 1987 to 1999 and was briefly revived at Lifetime and Spike in 2001 and 2008, respectively.
Original co-creator Terry Dunn Meurer will serve as showrunner and executive produce alongside co-creator John Cosgrove. Robert Wise will share showrunner duties and serve as co-executive producer. Shawn Levy and Josh Barry will executive produce for 21 Laps, producers of Netflixâ€™s hit nostalgic supernatural series Stranger Things. Netflix has not yet set a release date for Unsolved Mysteries.
New titles for the Turkish distributor MADD at the recent MIPTV
New dramas launched in Albania from SPI International/FilmBox
Bitter Lands Inter Medya drama continues to roll
Kew Media Distribution presents Miptv line-up of fiction and drama
Endemol Shine Group extends the Bridge to Serbia and Croatia
- Rome - 18/04/2019 Mediaset opens the set of new drama series Oltre la soglia (Beyond the threshold): Starring Gabriella Pession and produced by Paypermoon Italia for RTI Group read more
- Rome - 16/04/2019 Rai1 broadcast a series dedicated to the earthquake in the city of Aquila: Ten years after the terrible event there are still many things to do... read more
- Milan - 14/04/2019 Rai1 dancing show Ballando Con Le Stelle won pt slot with 4.5m: Canale5 talent Amici scored 3.9m viewers read more
- Milan - 12/04/2019 Big Brother 16 premiered on Canale 5 with 3.4 million viewers on the first episode: The new season hosted by Barbara d'Urso reached the young audience also on social with the hashtag #GF16 read more
- Rome - 12/04/2019 Mediaset received a lot of interest for The Silence of Water at MIPTV 2019: The most talked title at the stand was the recently series launched by Canale 5 read more
- Rome - 02/04/2019 Rai com line up full of series and documentaries at MIPTV : The Italian sales arm of pubcaster group is helding a traditional screening before the Market read more
- Cannes - 06/04/2019 MipTv 2019 starts today with a full agenda of events and meetings: Today, the top week-end events, MIPDoc, MIPFormats and MIPDramas read more
- Cannes - 27/03/2019 MipDoc project pitches unveil 10 finalists: The event will be held at the JW Marriott Cannes before MIPTV market read more
- Lile - 27/03/2019 Series Mania Forum announces winner of the co-pro pitching sessions: Series Mania Forum Best Project Award given to French drama series “Purple” read more
- Cannes - 20/03/2019 2nd Kids Live Action Pitch and inaugural Pre-School Animation Pitch unveils selection: They will take place during In Development Kids in Cannes read more
- Manchester - 20/03/2019 K7 Media set to headline record-breaking seven sessions at MIPTV 2019: CEO Keri Lewis Brown will be very busy with her colleagues in Cannes read more
- London - 19/03/2019 Race for Real is the only italian format included in C21 Format Awards finalist: The show produced for Italia 1 is produced by Prodotto and distributed by Mediaset Distribution at MIPTV read more