A documentary on Anna Magnani at MIA in Rome
Tv Events | Rome | 21/10/2018
At MIA, the Mercato Internazionale Audiovisivo, currently taking place in Rome, the timeless portrait of Anna Magnani breaks in with extraordinary images that describe the greatest Italian actress even thanks to an unpublished audio interview made by Oriana Fallaci. The project was illustrated during "Italians doc it better", the MIA section dedicated to the presentation of documentaries to international players: "The Passion of Anna Magnani" is the title of this documentary, directed by Enrico Cerasuolo, produced by Zenit Audiovisual Arts with Arte France, Istituto Luce and RaiCom, worldwide distributor. The documentary is in post-production and will be ready for the end of the year. It presents archive images and testimonies of the great characters who have crossed the career and life of the actress: the goal, as explained by producer Massimo Arvat, "is to tell the story of Magnani to an international audience." It also has footage of the actress as an amused and embarrassed guest of "What's My Line," the American TV show hosted by John Daly: the actress, helped by an interpreter, in 1953 participated in this quiz show where blindfolded competitors had to guess a mysterious character.
Based upon the creative use of extraordinarily precious footage made available by the family, including film sequences, Luce and Rai archive footage, and foreign and private archive material, "The Passion of Anna Magnani" puts the actress's unique private and professional story under a magnifying glass to reveal the path of this unconventional woman 45 years after her death.
- Rome - 16/01/2019 French company Mediawan has acquired Palomar: The Italian outfit well known for Rai 1 Montalbano series read more
- Milano - 16/01/2019 Rai1 TV movie Non ho niente da perdere won pt slot with 3.6m viewers: It is produced by Pepito Produzioni with Rai Fiction. read more
- Milano - 15/01/2019 Rai1 drama La Compagnia del Cigno won pt slot with 5.4m viewers: Canale5 movie The Intern scored just under 2.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/01/2019 Rai1 football match Napoli-Sassuolo won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Canale5 medical drama La Dottoressa Giò recorded 3m viewers read more
- Milano - 12/01/2019 Head to head between pt slot of Rai1 and Canale5 (13.8% of share): Superbrain on Rai1 recorded 3.013.000 viewers and Chi vuol essere milionario? on Canale5 achieved 2.971.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 11/01/2019 Rai1 premiered new season of drama Che Dio ci aiuti - 6.1m viewers: NOVE documentary Il giorno del giudizio recorded 482.000 viewers read more
- Los Angeles - 06/12/2018 Natpe taps Charles Weiss as head of business : The annoucement come a few months before the event to be held in Miami read more
- Los Angeles - 06/12/2018 Le nomine dei Golden Globe ad un mese dalla cerimonia a Los Angeles: Alcune serie come Killing Eve e The Handmaid visibili in Italia su TimVision read more
- New York - 20/11/2018 International Emmy Awards full list with the winners: The gala event held last night in New York read more
- Los Angeles - 16/11/2018 16th Annual Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award announced the 2018 list: Awards Gala Set to Take Place During NATPE Miami 2019 on Wednesday, January read more
- Rome - 21/10/2018 Il film di Piredda, Agnello distribuito internazionalmente da TVCO: Annunciato alla fine della presentazione del Cinema Pitching Forum al MIA read more
- Rome - 21/10/2018 Alla Festa del Cinema, Sky Arte presenta Sono Gassman! : In anteprima durante la kermesse romana e in TV a gennaio read more