Mipcom announces the 2nd edition of Diversify TG Excellence Awards
Format | | 00/00/0000
Reed MIDEM today announces that the call for entries is open for the MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Awards 2018. Dedicated to championing and promoting diversity and inclusion in all forms across the international television industry, the second edition of the MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Awards will take place on Tuesday 16 October 2018 in the Grand Salon of the Intercontinental Carlton Hotel, Cannes, France, during MIPCOM.
The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes from 15-18 October 2018.
The MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Awards ceremony is an invitation-only event for some 200 leading TV executives. The winning projects will be chosen by charitable organisations and specialised publications that campaign for equality and inclusion including GADIM, SCOPE, Gay Star News and Minority Rights, who will reward positive programming across the year that embraces representation in worthy shows. The deadline for submissions is 5 September 2018.
To be eligible, programmes must provide a fair and accurate representation of BAME, LGBTQ and disabled communities, have made a positive impact, stand out in originality and excellence in terms of storytelling, casting and production values, and challenge stereotypes. Submissions must have aired for the first time between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 on a linear and/or non-linear platform.
Programmes can be entered for multiple categories:
- MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Award for Representation of Race and Ethnicity
- MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Award for Representation of LGBTQ
- MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Award for Representation of Disability
New this year is the MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Award for kids’ programming, across all genres.
All submitted programmes will be reviewed by Reed MIDEM’s Editorial Team and members of the MIP Markets Diversity Advisory Board that includes: Bunmi Akintonwa, Managing Director, The Little Black Book; Sahar Baghery, Media and Entertainment Executive; Sean Cohan, President, International & Digital, A+E Networks; David Cornwall, Managing Director, Scorpion TV; David Ellender , President, Global Distribution and Co-productions, Sonar Entertainment; David Levine, General Manager, Disney Channels UK; Nick Smith, EVP Formats, All3Media International; and Sallyann Keizer, Managing Director, Sixth Sense Media.
“I’m really proud that the MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Awards are coming back bigger and better for 2018. There are so many examples of how specific television programming has made a difference in society, so it feels right to acknowledge excellent programmes that include a fair and accurate representation of often marginalised groups, and important that the awards are judged by organisations supporting these groups,” said Nick Smith, EVP Formats, All3Media International.
“Diversity and inclusion are a major priority for us at Reed MIDEM. Besides being a place to do business, MIPCOM is a great platform to think about these preoccupations and address some of the key issues facing the world today. Over the past years, MIPCOM has been providing a forum for the entertainment industry to discuss extending its role to influence society and to take action to improve representation at all levels,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Television at Reed MIDEM, which organises MIPCOM.
The MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence Awards are part of the MIPCOM Diversity and Inclusion programme which is supported by companies and associations including A+E Networks and Diversify TV.
The programme will notably include a poignant testimony given by Rania Ali, a young Syrian refugee who was the subject of an award-winning documentary “Escape from Syria: Rania’s Odyssey”. Rania Ali’s escape from her war-torn homeland to a new life in Austria was documented by Norwegian filmmaker Anders Hammer, the pair will give a double interview during MIPCOM.
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more