Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018
Tv Events | Dubrovnik | 06/06/2018
NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14, brings you interesting topics that are key to the media industry, with an emphasis on content which has been undergoing major changes in the past few years with regard to the way in which the audience watches TV.
With 7 panels, 8 presentations and over 160 companies participating at NEM, the most prominent ones being Eutelsat, Fox Networks Group, AMC Networks International, Comcast Technology Solutions, BBC Worldwide, Warner Bros, Global Agency and Viasat World, NEM is an ideal opportunity for networking, with coffee breaks and attractive evening parties.
Numerous dynamic discussions await you with renowned media experts, top speakers and panellists, the most notable ones being John Rossiter, General Manager of Sony Pictures Television Networks for Central Europe, Katharina Behrends, Managing Director of NBCUniversal International Networks for Central and Eastern Europe, Pete Smith, Managing Director of Antenna International, Salim Mukaddam, General Manager and Vice President of Central and Eastern Europe at BBC Worldwide, Daniel Reszka, Vice President of Youth & Emerging brands for CEEI, and Anette Schaefer, Vice President of TV Business for Europe at Deutsche Telekom AG.
The opening panel – “Pay TV: Keeping up with... the digital content game” – will be dealing with the future of TV channels in the face of the omnipresent digitalization. Advertising will be the topic of the panel “Advertising: When is it too much?” in which renowned experts from the industry will touch upon profit, audience, content and new tools in the world of advertising.
“The risk has never been greater for the emergence of a viewer base with no tolerance for advertising. This is particularly so among the youngest demographic whose experience of viewing often centres on an SVOD service”, said Guy Bisson, Research Director at Ampere Analysis, about advertising in the media industry.
The panel “Little bosses: children's demands” will conclude the second day of NEM. With the football world cup just around the corner, the third day of NEM will start with the panel “Football: who's keeping the price so high?”, whereas the second panel of the day – “Can local production make a difference?” – will try to solve the problem of viewership and high-quality content and programs.
“How to make great local production?” is another panel dealing with local production, where you will have the chance to hear Lars Lundström, the producer of Humans, one of the most popular Scandinavian series. The last day of NEM will be dedicated to a rather tricky topic – “Fighting pirates in CEE region”. This panel will address various questions concerning online piracy: what sanctions need to be introduced to the market and what can we learn from other countries?
Presentations – success stories of successful brands
“What does success look like? – 30 minutes around our CEE markets” is a case study by Anette Schaefer, Vice President of TV Business for Europe at Deutsche Telekom. “Old pirate” and young entrepreneur Arash Pendari, CEO and founder of Vionlabs, will give a presentation on the development of artificial intelligence in the film and TV industry. Håkon Moslet, the producer of Skam, will also give an interesting presentation in which he will tell you in detail all about the global success of this Norwegian teen series.
How has the 130-year-old National Geographic brand been modernized? This will be explained by Christian Brent, SVP of Global Research & Audience Strategy, Fox Networks Group.
The new television era will be discussed by Erik Yoon, TV Business Director, and Gyorgyo Takacs, Home Entertainment Technical Specialist, Central South Europe Subsidiary, LG. IBM’s presentation will outline how companies are replacing existing and often cumbersome content sharing techniques with Aspera’s high-speed content transfer products.
Opportunities for new business opportunities, new acquaintances and exchange of experience will be available during coffee breaks made possible by Viakom, Comcast, A1 Broadcasting and Turkish Airlines. Enjoy happy hour on the Palace Hotel terrace with Irdeto.
As for the welcome drink, it belongs to NBCUniversal, which will together with NEM participants watch the sunset at the exclusive NEM rooftop welcome drink. Evening relaxation with a drink in hand and good music in background on the second day of NEM will take place on Dubrovnik Palace Hotel’s Vala beach, thanks to the courtesy of Eutelsat, whereas Fox Networks Group’s party will conclude the third day of NEM 2018 in the very heart of Dubrovnik.
Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality
Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality
NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark
Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest
Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Milano - 27/06/2018 Italia1 football match Nigeria - Argentina won pt slot with 7.3m viewers: Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 recorded 2.4m viewers read more
- Rome - 21/06/2018 Iran-Spain football match achieved more than 5 million viewers on Italia 1: Period drama Love and Sacrifice recorded 1.5 million viewers on Canale 5 read more
- Rome - 20/06/2018 Period drama series Love and Sacrifice 2 on air tonight by Canale 5: The ready-made is distributed by Mediaset Distribution read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more