Global Agency reveals new LA sales and big lineup for LA screenings
Format | Istanbul | 10/05/2018
Global Agency has today announced that they are heading to next week’s LA Screenings market with couple of new sales and with a remarkable slate of projects for the region’s buyers.
Evermore [in picture], the breathtaking love story of two people from different backgrounds, has been sold to TV Azteca (Mexico). Following the sales to Albania (Tring TV), Croatia (Nova TV), Montenegro (Televizija Vijesti), Bulgaria (BTV), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Hayat), Romania (Kanal D), Georgia (Rustavi 2) and Greece (Mega TV), Mexico has been the first country to acquire the hit drama in Latin America. Evermore is one of the most important highlights of Global Agency’s impressive LA Screenings line – up with its romantic love story that puts together many of the attractive elements for the buyers.
The second season of Keep It or Lose It, an exciting game show played in a giant shopping mall with a huge cash prize at the end, has been licensed by SBT, Brazil. After the good results of the first season, SBT has already started working on the second season of the show.
The Legend, Global Agency’s striking singing talent format, has been acquired by Band TV, Brazil and the premiere date will release soon. On most TV talent shows, it's the jury that decides whether a contestant continues, and it's the audience that can change their fate. But The Legend gives the power to the contestants, so that they can write their own destiny. This format takes the best of the best and gives them a chance to showcase their musical talent and their character.
Global Agency also puts under the spotlight the drama series Love for Rent, Grand Family and formats In and Out, My Wife Rules (both soon to be premiered in Brazil); all with great potential to be cornerstones at the market.
Originally produced by Ortaks Yapım and broadcast on Star TV in Turkey, Love for Rent was the most successful drama in the 2015 fall season, breaking rating records. It was also one of the most talked about and popular series across all social media platforms. In addition, the international broadcast in CEE, CIS and Middle East regions have brought immense success to the respective channels. The leading cast have become very well – known worldwide with thousands of fans. Love for Rent is a perfect match for Latin American buyers with its storyline, cast and production quality.
In and Out is an exciting game show where your money prize can be increased or divided, or you can go bankrupt at any moment! The rules are very simple, and it is the easiest and most fun game to earn money. The excitement never ends until the end of the show. Those are the reasons why In and Out is expected to become one of the most in demand formats in Latin America.
Grand Family is another strong series with a great track record in Turkey just like Evermore and Love For Rent. We get to see the story of Hızır, leading member of the gang that smuggles weapons. He, eventually, rises up as the leader of the gang and tries to manage the complicated and dangerous relationships in his grand family. He also wants to be in the central focus of all the women in his life; his mother, his wife, his daughter and his girlfriend... The drama is already on air with its third season in Turkey and it has been one of the most successful projects of all times by becoming the favorite show on Tuesday nights for 3 years now.
My Wife Rules is the first couple cooking contest, where the husband is cooking by remote control! First, a chef will demonstrate a recipe to the wives only, who are not allowed to take notes. Then, they leave the kitchen and their husbands step up to the stove. Communicating only through an earpiece, the wives must get their husbands to cook the exact same dish without any experience or knowledge of what they are cooking! My Wife Rules was licensed to France 2, which has now aired almost 100 episodes. Monday to Friday, the show has more than doubled its share since going on air. The format was picked up by Mediacorp in Algeria, SBT in Brazil, Kanal D in Romania and Channel 7 in Thailand.
Debutto col botto per Vuoi Scommettere? Su Canale 5 in prima serata
Magnus Kastner has been appointed as CEO at Endemol Shine Germany
Su Canale5 arriva il game show Vuoi Scommettere? con la Hunziker.
Global Agency format The Legend will premiere in Brasil
Telemundo commissions La Voz (The Voice) for 2019
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more