Global Agency reveals new LA sales and big lineup for LA screenings
Format | Istanbul | 10/05/2018
Global Agency has today announced that they are heading to next week’s LA Screenings market with couple of new sales and with a remarkable slate of projects for the region’s buyers.
Evermore [in picture], the breathtaking love story of two people from different backgrounds, has been sold to TV Azteca (Mexico). Following the sales to Albania (Tring TV), Croatia (Nova TV), Montenegro (Televizija Vijesti), Bulgaria (BTV), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Hayat), Romania (Kanal D), Georgia (Rustavi 2) and Greece (Mega TV), Mexico has been the first country to acquire the hit drama in Latin America. Evermore is one of the most important highlights of Global Agency’s impressive LA Screenings line – up with its romantic love story that puts together many of the attractive elements for the buyers.
The second season of Keep It or Lose It, an exciting game show played in a giant shopping mall with a huge cash prize at the end, has been licensed by SBT, Brazil. After the good results of the first season, SBT has already started working on the second season of the show.
The Legend, Global Agency’s striking singing talent format, has been acquired by Band TV, Brazil and the premiere date will release soon. On most TV talent shows, it's the jury that decides whether a contestant continues, and it's the audience that can change their fate. But The Legend gives the power to the contestants, so that they can write their own destiny. This format takes the best of the best and gives them a chance to showcase their musical talent and their character.
Global Agency also puts under the spotlight the drama series Love for Rent, Grand Family and formats In and Out, My Wife Rules (both soon to be premiered in Brazil); all with great potential to be cornerstones at the market.
Originally produced by Ortaks Yapım and broadcast on Star TV in Turkey, Love for Rent was the most successful drama in the 2015 fall season, breaking rating records. It was also one of the most talked about and popular series across all social media platforms. In addition, the international broadcast in CEE, CIS and Middle East regions have brought immense success to the respective channels. The leading cast have become very well – known worldwide with thousands of fans. Love for Rent is a perfect match for Latin American buyers with its storyline, cast and production quality.
In and Out is an exciting game show where your money prize can be increased or divided, or you can go bankrupt at any moment! The rules are very simple, and it is the easiest and most fun game to earn money. The excitement never ends until the end of the show. Those are the reasons why In and Out is expected to become one of the most in demand formats in Latin America.
Grand Family is another strong series with a great track record in Turkey just like Evermore and Love For Rent. We get to see the story of Hızır, leading member of the gang that smuggles weapons. He, eventually, rises up as the leader of the gang and tries to manage the complicated and dangerous relationships in his grand family. He also wants to be in the central focus of all the women in his life; his mother, his wife, his daughter and his girlfriend... The drama is already on air with its third season in Turkey and it has been one of the most successful projects of all times by becoming the favorite show on Tuesday nights for 3 years now.
My Wife Rules is the first couple cooking contest, where the husband is cooking by remote control! First, a chef will demonstrate a recipe to the wives only, who are not allowed to take notes. Then, they leave the kitchen and their husbands step up to the stove. Communicating only through an earpiece, the wives must get their husbands to cook the exact same dish without any experience or knowledge of what they are cooking! My Wife Rules was licensed to France 2, which has now aired almost 100 episodes. Monday to Friday, the show has more than doubled its share since going on air. The format was picked up by Mediacorp in Algeria, SBT in Brazil, Kanal D in Romania and Channel 7 in Thailand.
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more