Keshet announced a deal with Ecosse Films to produce a new six-part drama
Scripted Format | Tel Aviv | 03/05/2018
Keshet International (KI) announced its new collaboration with Ecosse Films, the producers of BBC One’s six part drama, The Trial of Christine Keeler. Written by award-winning screenwriter, Amanda Coe (Appletree Yard, Life in Squares, Room at the Top), this compelling series will take a fresh look at one of the most infamous British stories: the chain of events in the 1960s which came to be known as the Profumo Affair.
The Trial of Christine Keeler takes viewers behind the headlines to tell a human story about the sexual and cultural politics of one of the most revealing and iconic stories of modern times. At the centre of the storm was 19-year old Christine Keeler - a young woman whom the powerful, male-dominated establishment sought to silence and exploit, but who refused to play by their rules.
“We are committed to invest in outstanding, high-quality English-language dramas from prolific independent producers,” said Sebastian Burkhardt, SVP acquisition and digital for KI. “With the captivating story of The Trial of Christine Keeler from the UK’s Ecosse Films, which is renowned for producing first-rate and critically acclaimed content, this is testament to our intention of bringing high-profile series to our global distribution pipeline.”
Kate Triggs, Executive Producer for Ecosse Films, commented, “There has never been a better time to bring a fresh lens to these events. To put the young Christine Keeler at the heart of the story and explore how her sexuality is a currency for rich and powerful men resonates into the world we’re living in today. I am so thrilled to be working with Amanda Coe again and to have her remarkable work brought to a worldwide audience through our new relationship with Keshet International.”
The Trial of Christine Keeler, to be filmed on location in and around Bristol, was commissioned by Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content, and Piers Wenger, Controller of BBC Drama. Executive producers are Kate Triggs and Douglas Rae for Ecosse Films, Amanda Coe, and Lucy Richer for the BBC.
The deal between KI and Ecosse Films has been brokered by Anke Stoll, Director of Acquisitions and Co-Productions for Keshet International. This is the first project to have received investment from the KI Fund which was announced in March during the INTV Conference in Jerusalem.
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more