Keshet announced a deal with Ecosse Films to produce a new six-part drama
Scripted Format | Tel Aviv | 03/05/2018
Keshet International (KI) announced its new collaboration with Ecosse Films, the producers of BBC One’s six part drama, The Trial of Christine Keeler. Written by award-winning screenwriter, Amanda Coe (Appletree Yard, Life in Squares, Room at the Top), this compelling series will take a fresh look at one of the most infamous British stories: the chain of events in the 1960s which came to be known as the Profumo Affair.
The Trial of Christine Keeler takes viewers behind the headlines to tell a human story about the sexual and cultural politics of one of the most revealing and iconic stories of modern times. At the centre of the storm was 19-year old Christine Keeler - a young woman whom the powerful, male-dominated establishment sought to silence and exploit, but who refused to play by their rules.
“We are committed to invest in outstanding, high-quality English-language dramas from prolific independent producers,” said Sebastian Burkhardt, SVP acquisition and digital for KI. “With the captivating story of The Trial of Christine Keeler from the UK’s Ecosse Films, which is renowned for producing first-rate and critically acclaimed content, this is testament to our intention of bringing high-profile series to our global distribution pipeline.”
Kate Triggs, Executive Producer for Ecosse Films, commented, “There has never been a better time to bring a fresh lens to these events. To put the young Christine Keeler at the heart of the story and explore how her sexuality is a currency for rich and powerful men resonates into the world we’re living in today. I am so thrilled to be working with Amanda Coe again and to have her remarkable work brought to a worldwide audience through our new relationship with Keshet International.”
The Trial of Christine Keeler, to be filmed on location in and around Bristol, was commissioned by Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content, and Piers Wenger, Controller of BBC Drama. Executive producers are Kate Triggs and Douglas Rae for Ecosse Films, Amanda Coe, and Lucy Richer for the BBC.
The deal between KI and Ecosse Films has been brokered by Anke Stoll, Director of Acquisitions and Co-Productions for Keshet International. This is the first project to have received investment from the KI Fund which was announced in March during the INTV Conference in Jerusalem.
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more