Walter presents will be launched in Italy next September
Scripted Format | Milan | 02/05/2018
Italian audiences will receive the service from September 2018, joining UK, US and Australian services.
Discovery Italia will feature Walter Presents dramas, with subtitles, through its Dplay service, where audiences can watch titles on demand. Dedicated slots for Walter Presents titles will also be aired on its channels Nove and Giallo.
Series for the forthcoming Italian launch will include French political thriller Spin, The Adulterer from the Netherlands and French cop show Spiral.
The Italian arm of Discovery has stated that it aims to host over 500 hours of foreign-language drama across two years.
Marinella Soldi, chief strategy officer at Discovery EMEA & managing director at Discovery Networks Southern Europe, said: “Partnering with Walter Presents is another bold move which is typical of our success in this business: anticipating consumer trends and applying successful and creative models from other countries.
“Our aim is to replicate and build upon the phenomenal success the service has enjoyed in the UK with Channel 4. It’s an innovative model which perfectly converges linear and VOD to create a sweet spot for viewers and broadcasters alike.”
Walter Iuzzolino (pictured), co-founder and curator of Walter Presents added: “Discovery Italia has an impressive track record and has proven to be an astute, decisive and successful group of channels – I couldn’t hope for a better partner to embark on this drama adventure together.
“As an Italian, this is something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time – it’s a personal dream come true for me and I can’t wait to get started.”
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more