Keshet Int'l with Hot and Unit Stud to launch new drama Autonomies
Scripted Format | Tel Aviv | 26/04/2018
Leading global content and media producer and distributor Keshet International today announces that it is partnering with HOT, Israel’s largest cable company, and United Studios of Israel on new drama Autonomies [picture], to distribute the series globally and launch it at Series Mania. Autonomies has also been selected to compete in the event’s Official Competition next week.
A dystopian drama starring some of Israel’s top acting talent, Autonomies is a globally-relevant tale focusing on the burning issues of identity, religion, politics and personal freedom. The story is set in an alternate reality of present day Israel, a nation torn and divided by a wall into the secular “State of Israel”, whose capital is Tel Aviv, and the “Haredi Autonomy” in Jerusalem, run by an ultra-Orthodox religious group.
Living in the Autonomy, amongst this uneasy territorial status quo, is Broide, a Haredi wheeler-dealer who makes his living smuggling minor contraband between the two regions. One day he receives a job offer that will change his life: he is asked to kidnap a little girl who is at the heart of a custody battle between two families – one secular and one Haredi – and transfer her from the State of Israel to the Haredi Autonomy. This legal saga, followed by the kidnapping of the child, fuels a dramatic uproar that threatens to tear a fragile country to pieces.
Autonomies is also an impossible love story between two characters living on opposite sides of the wall. Dramatically strong and thematic, this affair of the heart has uniqueness and symbolic meaning relating to the overarching discourse – they become their own version of "Bonnie and Clyde", embarking on the kidnapping of the little girl together.
Created by Yehonatan Indursky and Ori Elon (creators of Shtisel), Autonomies is produced for HOT by United Studios of Israel, in collaboration with The AVI CHAI Foundation and with the support of the Gesher Multicultural Film Fund Ministry of Culture and Sport. The series is expected to premiere on HOT TV this later summer.
Keren Shahar, President of Distribution, Keshet International, said: “We’re delighted to be partnering with HOT and United Studios on this exceptional and very timely drama, and to be bringing another fine Israeli drama to Series Mania and to the worldwide marketplace.”
The screening of the first two episodes of Autonomies will be held on Tuesday 1 May at 8pm in Nouveau Siècle, and the second screening will take place on Wednesday 2nd May at 12pm at the Majestic movie theatre. Autonomies has also selected in the Official Competition, the winners of which will announced on Saturday 5th May at 8pm at the Nouveau Siècle.
The selection of Autonomies for the Series Mania competition follows hot on the heels of the success of Keshet International’s When Heroes Fly, which won Best Series at Canneseries earlier this month, as well as the selection of its drama series Sleeping Bears at Berlinale earlier this year.
Also being screened at Series Mania is Keshet International’s US whodunit thriller from complex Networks, In The Vault, where two episodes will be shown as part of the event’s Short Form Panorama section. The 8x22’ or 24 x 7’series, produced by Haven Entertainment for Go90, tells the story of how, one month into freshman year at college, a student is killed at a party. In The Vault focuses on the victim's surviving hall mates as they come to suspect one another of being the killer. Each student has secrets that may or may not serve as a motive, and none are safe from the others’ suspicions. Each episode spotlights a different character, so a hero one week is a villain the next.
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more