Channel 4 lines up “The Slim Reaper” and “Genderquake”
Factual Entertainment | Londom | 20/04/2018
UK pubcaster Channel 4 has commissioned Chalkboard TV for a factual entertainment pilot, The Slim Reaper (w/t), and a slate of gender-focused programs.
The one-hour pilot of The Slim Reaper [pictured] focuses on Russian weight-loss guru and ‘detox diva’ Galia Grainger, as two guests try to meet their weight-loss goal at Grainger’s Slimmeria center, a mansion in the Sussex countryside.
“We see The Slim Reaper as something of a Fawlty Towers for weight loss and we’re looking forward to unleashing Galia and the staff on C4 viewers,” said Chalkboard’s managing director Mike Benson, in a statement. Anne Nettleton will also executive producer the show with Benson.
In other C4 news, a season of programs exploring gender will include season two of Genderquake. In the Optomen series, 11 young Brits from a spectrum of gender and sexuality, live together for one week. A studio discussion, Genderquake: the Debate, will feature a panel of guests looking at what gender means in 2018, and is produced by ITN Productions.
What Makes a Woman? (w/t), meanwhile, is an immersive journey as filmmaker and subject Munroe Bergdof undergoes facial feminization surgery. This marks the first documentary from Bergdorf, a transgender model and social activist, who will tackle the science and social norms of gender. Antidote Productions produces.
Other projects on the topic include Riot Girls, a hidden camera prank show from Brown Eyed Boy, that takes on the gender pay gap and wo-manspreading; and Random Acts: The Lady That Dances, a Present Plus Film on transgender ballet dancer Sophie Rebecca, and transgender spoken word artist Ash Palmisciano.
Nasce FOCUS il nuovo canale Mediaset dedicato ai documentari e alla cultura
Sette Meraviglie stagione 5 riparte su SKY ARTE con Paestum
Sherin Salvetti si congeda da GM e lascia A+E Networks Italy
Nuovi programmi su Food Network nel mese di maggio
Bella più di prima: torna su La5 il docu-reality targato Dueb
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more