Channel 4 lines up “The Slim Reaper” and “Genderquake”
Factual Entertainment | Londom | 20/04/2018
UK pubcaster Channel 4 has commissioned Chalkboard TV for a factual entertainment pilot, The Slim Reaper (w/t), and a slate of gender-focused programs.
The one-hour pilot of The Slim Reaper [pictured] focuses on Russian weight-loss guru and ‘detox diva’ Galia Grainger, as two guests try to meet their weight-loss goal at Grainger’s Slimmeria center, a mansion in the Sussex countryside.
“We see The Slim Reaper as something of a Fawlty Towers for weight loss and we’re looking forward to unleashing Galia and the staff on C4 viewers,” said Chalkboard’s managing director Mike Benson, in a statement. Anne Nettleton will also executive producer the show with Benson.
In other C4 news, a season of programs exploring gender will include season two of Genderquake. In the Optomen series, 11 young Brits from a spectrum of gender and sexuality, live together for one week. A studio discussion, Genderquake: the Debate, will feature a panel of guests looking at what gender means in 2018, and is produced by ITN Productions.
What Makes a Woman? (w/t), meanwhile, is an immersive journey as filmmaker and subject Munroe Bergdof undergoes facial feminization surgery. This marks the first documentary from Bergdorf, a transgender model and social activist, who will tackle the science and social norms of gender. Antidote Productions produces.
Other projects on the topic include Riot Girls, a hidden camera prank show from Brown Eyed Boy, that takes on the gender pay gap and wo-manspreading; and Random Acts: The Lady That Dances, a Present Plus Film on transgender ballet dancer Sophie Rebecca, and transgender spoken word artist Ash Palmisciano.
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more