MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Format | London | 20/04/2018
Viacom-owned youth-focused channel MTV International has commissioned the observational reality format Million Dollar Baby from Manchester and Leeds-based prodco True North.
The 8x60' series will feature reality TV star Lateysha Grace, of The Valleys fame, as she embarks on a mission to earn her two-year-old daughter Wynter Grace Charles £1 million by the time she’s five.
Born into a low-income, single-parent household, Grace is now a budding entrepreneur with nearly one million social media followers, a children’s clothing label and multiple brand partnerships to her name.
Million Dollar Baby has been co-commissioned for MTV International and MTV UK by Craig Orr, VP of commissioning and development for MTV International, and Kerry Taylor, EVP of youth and music at Viacom International Media Networks, MTV UKNEE.
True North’s Fiona O’Sullivan, head of factual entertainment and reality, will executive produce.
MTV UK’s original commissions in the first quarter of 2018 include the 16th season of Geordie Shore, the eighth season of Ex on the Beach, and the premiere of The Charlotte Show with Geordie Shore’s Charlotte Crosby. The third season of Just Tattoo of Us is slated to air later this spring.
Million Dollar Baby is set to air across MTV’s network of 62 international channels and digital platforms beginning this May.
Debutto col botto per Vuoi Scommettere? Su Canale 5 in prima serata
Magnus Kastner has been appointed as CEO at Endemol Shine Germany
Su Canale5 arriva il game show Vuoi Scommettere? con la Hunziker.
Global Agency format The Legend will premiere in Brasil
Telemundo commissions La Voz (The Voice) for 2019
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more