MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Format | London | 20/04/2018
Viacom-owned youth-focused channel MTV International has commissioned the observational reality format Million Dollar Baby from Manchester and Leeds-based prodco True North.
The 8x60' series will feature reality TV star Lateysha Grace, of The Valleys fame, as she embarks on a mission to earn her two-year-old daughter Wynter Grace Charles £1 million by the time she’s five.
Born into a low-income, single-parent household, Grace is now a budding entrepreneur with nearly one million social media followers, a children’s clothing label and multiple brand partnerships to her name.
Million Dollar Baby has been co-commissioned for MTV International and MTV UK by Craig Orr, VP of commissioning and development for MTV International, and Kerry Taylor, EVP of youth and music at Viacom International Media Networks, MTV UKNEE.
True North’s Fiona O’Sullivan, head of factual entertainment and reality, will executive produce.
MTV UK’s original commissions in the first quarter of 2018 include the 16th season of Geordie Shore, the eighth season of Ex on the Beach, and the premiere of The Charlotte Show with Geordie Shore’s Charlotte Crosby. The third season of Just Tattoo of Us is slated to air later this spring.
Million Dollar Baby is set to air across MTV’s network of 62 international channels and digital platforms beginning this May.
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more