Agatha Christie miniseries Ordeal by Innocence heads to France
Scripted Format | Paris | 18/04/2018
The miniseries Agatha Christie’s Ordeal by Innocence has sold into a number of key markets, including France with a pickup from Canal+ Group and Australia through ABC.
In Scandinavia, Ordeal by Innocence is headed to TV4 in Sweden, TV2 in Norway and MTV3 in Finland. BBC Studios scored rights for its BBC First channels across the Middle East, Africa and the Benelux regions. Adapted by Sarah Phelps from Christie’s best-selling novel of the same name, the ensemble drama stars, among others, Bill Nighy, Anthony Boyle, Christian Cooke, Alice Eve, Matthew Goode, Eleanor Tomlinson and Luke Treadaway.
The four-part series premiered on BBC One on April 1. It is directed by Sandra Goldbacher (The Hour, Victoria). Endeavor Content secured the international sales.
“Agatha Christie is such an internationally iconic writer—outsold only by the Bible and works of Shakespeare—and we are thrilled to be partnering Agatha Christie Limited on seven miniseries adaptations of her work,” said Gary Marenzi, head of entertainment sales and partnerships for Endeavor Content. “Our first in this series, Ordeal by Innocence is an expertly crafted and brilliantly executed thriller that will keep global audiences riveted.”
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more