Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Format | Spain | 18/04/2018
The quiz show The Question Jury, originally produced in the U.K. by Monkey for Channel 4, is getting its first international adaptation, having been licensed by Discovery en Español.
The local 20×1-hour version, entitled Debate Goleador (Winning Debate/Top Scorer), will be produced by Nippur Media. On Discovery en Español, the entertainment series will focus on the region’s much-loved topic of soccer, sports and popular culture.
Set inside a sports locker room, each episode sees five strangers work together to answer questions correctly and accumulate cash. The five highest-scoring winners go head-to-head in a bid to win the prize of final tickets to Russia.
NBCUniversal International Formats inked the deal with Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic.
Ana Langenberg, the senior VP of format sales and production at NBCUniversal International Formats, commented: “Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic acts as the perfect international partner for The Question Jury. Unlike any quiz show, it’s a hybrid reality-quiz format that promises drama and entertainment, which goes hand-in-hand with the newly developed football theme. We can’t wait to see Discovery en Español put its own, fresh spin on the format for audiences across the U.S. Hispanic market.”
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more