NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!
Tv Events | Zagreb | 18/04/2018
We all like to see an interesting ad, hear a catchy jingle, or repeat that sentence from the ad we like. But on the other hand, we’ve all also found ourselves in a situation where we say: “If I see this ad one more time, I swear...” How to make money from advertising without losing the favour of the audience, and at the same time keep the level of advertising non-irritating – that is a challenge for experts.
Advertising should engage the buyer – it should not only persuade him to buy the product, but also induce an emotional reaction in him. Traditional advertising is still very much present and relevant (especially in our region), but there is an increasing need for content not focused solely on selling, which leads to the following question Is native advertising better and more profitable than classic advertising?
Answers to these interesting questions will be given by the speakers at the panel “Advertising – when is it too much?”, moderated by Kaltrina Bylykbashi, editor at Television Business International. Other speakers include Alida Žorž Miketek, Managing Director of AGB Nielsen Audience Measurement Croatia, Dirk Gerkens, CEO of TV2 Media Group, and Srđan Šaper, founder of I&F McCann Group, who pointed out the following:
“Times are challenging for all of us – advertisers, brands and agencies – because we need to find a way to reach consumers with a message that will be relevant to them. Today, when consumers are swarmed with hundreds of different messages, it is often hard for them to identify the right one. The best way of attracting consumers and audience to a particular brand is to make personalized ads useful, entertaining and, most importantly, smart. We know that the attention of today's consumers, on average, lasts only 6-8 seconds. The message, therefore, needs to be clear, honest, targeted... because only those messages that stay with the consumer make the difference. Essentially, this sea of content will lead to a search for great ideas that have a lasting impact. Creativity will definitely profit from this”, said Šaper.
World without marketing?
Guy Bisson, Research Director at Ampere Analysis, who has specialized in the global TV industry and has more than 20 years' experience as a leading industry analyst, touched upon the providers of SVOD services with no advertising:
“The risk has never been greater for the emergence of a viewer base with no tolerance for advertising. This is particularly so among the youngest demographic whose experience of viewing often centres on an SVOD service. The average SVOD home is already watching around two hours of streamed content a day, adding the additional threat of substitution for commercial broadcasters. Re-engaging this audience will become a key battleground for ad-supported players in the next decade.”
A key networking event
This year's NEM, which will be held from June 11-14, is an ideal opportunity for your new business story. Get inspired by panels, world-renowned speakers from the media industry, screenings and the company of people with similar interests.
“We know from speaking to our clients that NEM has become a key show for operators in the region, offering unrivalled networking opportunities by bringing content owners and Infrastructure players together... all in a breath-taking setting”, concluded Bisson.
To combine business with pleasure, secure your badge and book you accommodation at the official NEM website www.neweumarket.com.
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedě 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more