NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!
Tv Events | Zagreb | 18/04/2018
We all like to see an interesting ad, hear a catchy jingle, or repeat that sentence from the ad we like. But on the other hand, we’ve all also found ourselves in a situation where we say: “If I see this ad one more time, I swear...” How to make money from advertising without losing the favour of the audience, and at the same time keep the level of advertising non-irritating – that is a challenge for experts.
Advertising should engage the buyer – it should not only persuade him to buy the product, but also induce an emotional reaction in him. Traditional advertising is still very much present and relevant (especially in our region), but there is an increasing need for content not focused solely on selling, which leads to the following question Is native advertising better and more profitable than classic advertising?
Answers to these interesting questions will be given by the speakers at the panel “Advertising – when is it too much?”, moderated by Kaltrina Bylykbashi, editor at Television Business International. Other speakers include Alida Žorž Miketek, Managing Director of AGB Nielsen Audience Measurement Croatia, Dirk Gerkens, CEO of TV2 Media Group, and Srđan Šaper, founder of I&F McCann Group, who pointed out the following:
“Times are challenging for all of us – advertisers, brands and agencies – because we need to find a way to reach consumers with a message that will be relevant to them. Today, when consumers are swarmed with hundreds of different messages, it is often hard for them to identify the right one. The best way of attracting consumers and audience to a particular brand is to make personalized ads useful, entertaining and, most importantly, smart. We know that the attention of today's consumers, on average, lasts only 6-8 seconds. The message, therefore, needs to be clear, honest, targeted... because only those messages that stay with the consumer make the difference. Essentially, this sea of content will lead to a search for great ideas that have a lasting impact. Creativity will definitely profit from this”, said Šaper.
World without marketing?
Guy Bisson, Research Director at Ampere Analysis, who has specialized in the global TV industry and has more than 20 years' experience as a leading industry analyst, touched upon the providers of SVOD services with no advertising:
“The risk has never been greater for the emergence of a viewer base with no tolerance for advertising. This is particularly so among the youngest demographic whose experience of viewing often centres on an SVOD service. The average SVOD home is already watching around two hours of streamed content a day, adding the additional threat of substitution for commercial broadcasters. Re-engaging this audience will become a key battleground for ad-supported players in the next decade.”
A key networking event
This year's NEM, which will be held from June 11-14, is an ideal opportunity for your new business story. Get inspired by panels, world-renowned speakers from the media industry, screenings and the company of people with similar interests.
“We know from speaking to our clients that NEM has become a key show for operators in the region, offering unrivalled networking opportunities by bringing content owners and Infrastructure players together... all in a breath-taking setting”, concluded Bisson.
To combine business with pleasure, secure your badge and book you accommodation at the official NEM website www.neweumarket.com.
Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom
MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour
Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes
President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior
TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more