Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates
Tv Events | Cannes | 13/04/2018
The combination of MIPTV, the inaugural CANNESERIES festival, MIPDoc, MIPFormats, the MIPDrama Summit, the first In Development and an expanded Junior@MIPTV program of events drew 10,000 delegates from 102 countries, according to Reed MIDEM.
There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. Strongest attendance was from France, the U.K., the U.S., Germany and Canada.
Laurine Garaude, Reed MIDEM’s television division director, commented: “The consumption of entertainment content around the world has never been higher. The search for content that will attract and maintain audience loyalty has never been fiercer. What has become evident is that in the search for great content, the way shows are funded is evolving.”
Garaude continued: “There is a clear move towards increased co-production partnerships and for more creatives to attend MIPTV to raise development financing from new sources. MIPTV’s mission is to help these creatives bring their ideas to the market and give distributors early-stage access to the creatives’ projects.”
The Cannes International Series Festival (CANNESERIES) hosted public screenings starting April 4, with the official competition opening on April 7. The MIPDrama Summit, which took place April 8, saw 450 buyers discovering six international drama series at the “work in progress” stage. There were some 600 delegates at In Development, the new Cannes Drama Creative Forum produced by MIPTV and CANNESERIES. The event saw 12 drama projects pitched to production partners, broadcasters, investors and producers to fast-track their production launches.
“MIPDrama, In Development and CANNESERIES provided our clients with unparalleled access to great drama at every stage of the production and sales cycle and the thrill of experiencing series in the prestigious setting of the Palais des Festivals Grand Auditorium,” commented Jerome Delhaye, the director of Reed MIDEM’s entertainment division.
MIPDoc and MIPFormats took place April 7 to 8, ahead of the official MIPTV kickoff. MIPTV featured an expanded Junior@MIPTV initiative, including a focus on kids’ live-action programming, a new kids’ live-action pitch competition, the first Kids’ World Premiere Screening and the International Emmy Kids Awards.
Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom
MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour
Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes
President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior
TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more