Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates
Tv Events | Cannes | 13/04/2018
The combination of MIPTV, the inaugural CANNESERIES festival, MIPDoc, MIPFormats, the MIPDrama Summit, the first In Development and an expanded Junior@MIPTV program of events drew 10,000 delegates from 102 countries, according to Reed MIDEM.
There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. Strongest attendance was from France, the U.K., the U.S., Germany and Canada.
Laurine Garaude, Reed MIDEM’s television division director, commented: “The consumption of entertainment content around the world has never been higher. The search for content that will attract and maintain audience loyalty has never been fiercer. What has become evident is that in the search for great content, the way shows are funded is evolving.”
Garaude continued: “There is a clear move towards increased co-production partnerships and for more creatives to attend MIPTV to raise development financing from new sources. MIPTV’s mission is to help these creatives bring their ideas to the market and give distributors early-stage access to the creatives’ projects.”
The Cannes International Series Festival (CANNESERIES) hosted public screenings starting April 4, with the official competition opening on April 7. The MIPDrama Summit, which took place April 8, saw 450 buyers discovering six international drama series at the “work in progress” stage. There were some 600 delegates at In Development, the new Cannes Drama Creative Forum produced by MIPTV and CANNESERIES. The event saw 12 drama projects pitched to production partners, broadcasters, investors and producers to fast-track their production launches.
“MIPDrama, In Development and CANNESERIES provided our clients with unparalleled access to great drama at every stage of the production and sales cycle and the thrill of experiencing series in the prestigious setting of the Palais des Festivals Grand Auditorium,” commented Jerome Delhaye, the director of Reed MIDEM’s entertainment division.
MIPDoc and MIPFormats took place April 7 to 8, ahead of the official MIPTV kickoff. MIPTV featured an expanded Junior@MIPTV initiative, including a focus on kids’ live-action programming, a new kids’ live-action pitch competition, the first Kids’ World Premiere Screening and the International Emmy Kids Awards.
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more