International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes
Tv Events | Cannes | 11/04/2018
The sixth annual International Emmy Kids Awards were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM during a ceremony at MIPTV, with seven winners hailing from Canada, France, Germany, Norway and the U.K.
The victor in the preschool category was La Cabane à Histories (The Treehouse Stories) [in picture], which is made by Dandelooo/Caribara Production in France. Revolting Rhymes, from Magic Light Pictures in the U.K., took home the animation prize, while Jenter (Young Girls) from Norway’s NRK was selected as best digital project.
In the factual category, the winner was Berlin und wir (Berlin and Us) from Imago TV/ZDF in Germany. The non-scripted entertainment award went to Snapshots from FORTÉ Entertainment in Canada.
The series category was won by Club der roten Bänder (Red Bracelets) from Bantry Bay Productions/VOX Television in Germany, while the TV movie/miniseries prize went to Hank Zipzer’s Christmas Catastrophe from Kindle Entertainment/DHX Media/Walker Productions/Yorkshire Content Fund in the U.K.
“The programming kids watch every day has a major influence on their behavior and views of the world,” said Bruce L. Paisner, president of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. “We congratulate all the winners for their outstanding achievements and for setting the high-quality standard we all expect for our kids.”
The ceremony was held at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes. The Emmy statues were presented by a variety of TV and digital personalities, including Spanish YouTuber Rubén Doblas; Carmilla stars Natasha Negovanlis and Elise Bauman from Canada; Norwegian comedy duo Ylvis; Bushra Rozza, Egyptian actress/producer and founder of the El Gouna Film Festival; classical music group Ember Trio; German preschool character Die Maus; Clarissa Da Silva from Germany’s Ah—I Got It!; and Miss Supranational 2017 Jenny Kim from Korea.
TV Kids is a presenting partner of the International Emmy Kids Awards, alongside WDR mediagroup, Ernst & Young and Junior@MIPTV.
Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom
MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour
Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes
President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior
TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more