ESG to globally distribute Chinese format Puzzle Masters
Format | Cannes | 10/04/2018
Endemol Shine Group today announce a partnership with Vision Media to globally distribute Puzzle Masters, an original format co-developed with Endemol Shine China.
Puzzle Masters, which launched on 5 January 2018 on Jiangsu Satellite TV, is the ultimate competition for young undiscovered puzzle wizards who are looking for a challenge and want to be mentored by the best Puzzle Masters the world has to offer.
The show combines monumental puzzles, inspirational contestants and plenty of on-screen drama, searching the nation to find the cleverest, smartest, most complete puzzle solvers. Puzzle Masters was the top rating show across China during its Friday night primetime.
This original Chinese format was co-developed by Endemol Shine China and Vision Media.
Lisa Perrin, CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group adds, “China is one of the world’s biggest television markets and by joining forces with Vision Media we are able to directly tap into their prolific creativity. Puzzle Masters is a brilliantly entertaining show which drew in fantastic ratings in its primetime slot on Jiangsu, we are extremely pleased to be representing the format internationally.”
Wang Pei Jie, CEO of Vision Media says; “We believe that Puzzle Masters has all the ingredients to be a global success and Endemol Shine Group are the ideal partner to bring the format to audiences worldwide. The show is extremely popular here in China and this deal reinforces our ambitions to leverage our creativity on an international scale.
William Tan, Managing Director of Endemol Shine China says; “We believe Vision Media is one of the most creative production houses in China, and our co-development of Puzzle Masters has been very successful. This latest deal is a significant milestone as we leverage Endemol Shine Group’s creative network to bring Puzzle Masters to the worldwide market.”
Endemol Shine China and Vision Media have previously collaborated on a Chinese version of The Brain, the format that showcases amazing skills and unbelievable feats and sees contestants compete against each other by performing mental and physical challenges. Produced locally by Vision Media, The Brain launched in China in 2014 and has so far aired four successful series on Jiangsu Satellite TV.
Endemol Shine International has sold finished versions of The Brain China as a finished programme to leading broadcasters, VOD and OTT platforms, apps and airlines in several countries including Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Australia.
Founded in 2015, Endemol Shine China has brought global hits to the Chinese market and currently extends to all non-scripted, scripted and brand licensing businesses with focus on original developments in addition to an extensive show catalogue.
Grande successo per l'anteprima italiana di Genius
MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Ottimo esordio per la prima puntata del Grande Fratello 15
Channel 4 to bring Armoza Formats’ Sex Tape to the UK
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more