ESG to globally distribute Chinese format Puzzle Masters
Format | Cannes | 10/04/2018
Endemol Shine Group today announce a partnership with Vision Media to globally distribute Puzzle Masters, an original format co-developed with Endemol Shine China.
Puzzle Masters, which launched on 5 January 2018 on Jiangsu Satellite TV, is the ultimate competition for young undiscovered puzzle wizards who are looking for a challenge and want to be mentored by the best Puzzle Masters the world has to offer.
The show combines monumental puzzles, inspirational contestants and plenty of on-screen drama, searching the nation to find the cleverest, smartest, most complete puzzle solvers. Puzzle Masters was the top rating show across China during its Friday night primetime.
This original Chinese format was co-developed by Endemol Shine China and Vision Media.
Lisa Perrin, CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group adds, “China is one of the world’s biggest television markets and by joining forces with Vision Media we are able to directly tap into their prolific creativity. Puzzle Masters is a brilliantly entertaining show which drew in fantastic ratings in its primetime slot on Jiangsu, we are extremely pleased to be representing the format internationally.”
Wang Pei Jie, CEO of Vision Media says; “We believe that Puzzle Masters has all the ingredients to be a global success and Endemol Shine Group are the ideal partner to bring the format to audiences worldwide. The show is extremely popular here in China and this deal reinforces our ambitions to leverage our creativity on an international scale.
William Tan, Managing Director of Endemol Shine China says; “We believe Vision Media is one of the most creative production houses in China, and our co-development of Puzzle Masters has been very successful. This latest deal is a significant milestone as we leverage Endemol Shine Group’s creative network to bring Puzzle Masters to the worldwide market.”
Endemol Shine China and Vision Media have previously collaborated on a Chinese version of The Brain, the format that showcases amazing skills and unbelievable feats and sees contestants compete against each other by performing mental and physical challenges. Produced locally by Vision Media, The Brain launched in China in 2014 and has so far aired four successful series on Jiangsu Satellite TV.
Endemol Shine International has sold finished versions of The Brain China as a finished programme to leading broadcasters, VOD and OTT platforms, apps and airlines in several countries including Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Australia.
Founded in 2015, Endemol Shine China has brought global hits to the Chinese market and currently extends to all non-scripted, scripted and brand licensing businesses with focus on original developments in addition to an extensive show catalogue.
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more