New factual entertainment & reality show presented by Virginia Mouseler
Tv Events | Cannes | 09/04/2018
MIPFormats’s Fresh TV sessions presented by The WIT CEO Virginia Mouseler, was one of the most acclaimed event, focusing on factual entertainment & reality.
She kicked off by sharing the top 5 formats of last year: First Dates (UK 2013, WBITVP, dating show), Dragons’ Dan (Japan 2001, SPTI, business competition), Common Sense (UK 2017, All3Media, reality), Undressed (Italy 2016, Banijay, Dating show), Married at First Sight (Denmark 2013, Red Arrow, dating show).
The best genres are quiz shows, celebrities and physical challenges, with talent shows, adventure, dating and cooking rounding out the list, but slightly declining (Quiz Shows +11%, Celebrities +11%, Physical challenges +10%, Talent shows -1.2%, Adventure -18%, Dating -14%, Cooking -3%).
Still, cooking kicked off our first course of factual and reality-show goodies: HIGH CUISINE (distributed by Totem Media - Netherlands) is a cooking show where two experienced chefs blend organic drug culture and haute cuisine. Traveling the world, they discover ancient cultures and mind-altering herbs. On location, they create a new dish. In FOOD SWITCH (Borderline Media - France) two families switch their grocery shopping carts for a week. Each family can only cook with the ingredients given by the other family.
Among other formats to watch this year, we can also expect to encounter THE BIG CHECK UP (Newen Distribution - France) that sees hundreds of people that are invited to a complete check-up with a team of doctors. Some of them learn they must be treated and are followed on their way to recovery; WEIGHT FOR THE DATE (WeMake - France) is a dating that sees overweight singles matched based on their personality, they follow a weight loss program together for three months without seeing each other and they meet in person for their first real date 90 days later; HERITAGE (Global Agency - France) is a reality show that matches an old and rich widow with no heir looks for the perfect person to give a part of her legacy. 6 contestants compete to prove they deserve to be her heir; EVERYONE’S A CRITIC (NBCU - Australia - premiere April 2018) sends ordinary people visit museums and art galleries where they become art critics, regardless of their artistic knowledge. They cast their opinion on the works of art; BEAT YOUR TEENAGER (Missing Link Media - Denmark - premiered January 2018) is a social experiment where five teenage parents are worried about their children spending all day in front of their screens, gaming. To understand their teens’ world, they decide to learn how to play eSports. Their goal is beat their own teens.
There are also other formats of the same genre: STREET SWAP (Tuvalu Media / Newen Distribution - Netherlands) sees 5 families from the same street in a small town switch lives with 5 families living in the same street in a big city; THE MOUNTAIN OF TRUTH(Borderline Media - France) is an emodventure show where one person who has a disclosure to make invites a close one to meet at the top of a mountain. To know the truth, the close one has climb the mountain and overcome physical and emotional ordeals; GENERATIONS ON TOUR (Small Worls lft - Ukraine) is an emodventure show that sees one grandchild whisks their favorite grandparent away on a surprise trip of a lifetime. First challenge: convince the grandparent to leave right away; THE LAWYERS(Sr Mono - Spain) sees a TV Law Firm helps viewers with their legal issues. A “Street lawyer” listens to people in public places: a TV trial jury speak for the people and the lawyers give legal advice; THE TOURISTS MISSION SAFARI (Satisfaction - France - premiered February 2018) sees six celebrities who think they are going to spend a few days in a thalassotherapy clinic find themselves enrolled in an intensive training session to become animals caretakers.
Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom
MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour
Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes
President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior
TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more