Beta Film boards high-end series “Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State
Scripted Format | Cannes | 08/04/2018
Beta Film takes worldwide rights for the French high-end series Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State by Quad, the company behind the box office hit The Intouchables. The four-hour series by director Jean-Marc Moutout (“The Bureau”) is currently being shot around Paris, northern France and at the Dordogne and will be wrapped mid-May. Beta will shop the France 2 production next week at MIPTV in Cannes for the first time.
Victor Hugo is portrayed by Yannick Choirat (“Rost and Bone”, “Mr Morgan’s Last Love”), the multi-awarded actress Isabelle Carré (“Romantics Anonymous“) is his lover Juliette. Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State is produced by Iris Bucher for Quad Television, in coproduction with Luc Martin-Gousset for Point du Jour.
He is one of the world’s most remarkable writers and author of the famous novel Les Misérables, blueprint for 35 feature films, numerous TV adaptations and legendary musicals. Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State grants an intimate look at Victor Hugo, as a private person, his life as a family man, his tumultuous love life, his doubts, beliefs and political commitment. During his work on Les Misérables, France experienced one of the most dramatic periods in history, the shift from Republic to Empire, from the 1848 revolution to the coup d’état of Louis Napoleon Bonaparte.
Director Jean-Marc Moutout: “When the series begins in 1848, Victor Hugo is already well-acquainted to fame and fortune. At 46, he is a member of the Académie française, has risen to the ranks of nobility … and is a royalist. When the series ends, three years later, he is a fugitive with a price on his head ... and republican. I want to show gradual change in Victor Hugo’s awareness and commitment, plunging into the heart of this era and life of this great man. Both are intimately linked, since Hugo abandons literature for the political fight.”
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more