Beta Film boards high-end series “Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State
Scripted Format | Cannes | 08/04/2018
Beta Film takes worldwide rights for the French high-end series Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State by Quad, the company behind the box office hit The Intouchables. The four-hour series by director Jean-Marc Moutout (“The Bureau”) is currently being shot around Paris, northern France and at the Dordogne and will be wrapped mid-May. Beta will shop the France 2 production next week at MIPTV in Cannes for the first time.
Victor Hugo is portrayed by Yannick Choirat (“Rost and Bone”, “Mr Morgan’s Last Love”), the multi-awarded actress Isabelle Carré (“Romantics Anonymous“) is his lover Juliette. Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State is produced by Iris Bucher for Quad Television, in coproduction with Luc Martin-Gousset for Point du Jour.
He is one of the world’s most remarkable writers and author of the famous novel Les Misérables, blueprint for 35 feature films, numerous TV adaptations and legendary musicals. Victor Hugo – Enemy of the State grants an intimate look at Victor Hugo, as a private person, his life as a family man, his tumultuous love life, his doubts, beliefs and political commitment. During his work on Les Misérables, France experienced one of the most dramatic periods in history, the shift from Republic to Empire, from the 1848 revolution to the coup d’état of Louis Napoleon Bonaparte.
Director Jean-Marc Moutout: “When the series begins in 1848, Victor Hugo is already well-acquainted to fame and fortune. At 46, he is a member of the Académie française, has risen to the ranks of nobility … and is a royalist. When the series ends, three years later, he is a fugitive with a price on his head ... and republican. I want to show gradual change in Victor Hugo’s awareness and commitment, plunging into the heart of this era and life of this great man. Both are intimately linked, since Hugo abandons literature for the political fight.”
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more