Raicom closed the 20th edition of its Screenings in Matera
Italian News | Matera | 07/04/2018
In Matera Rai.Com has successfully closed the 20th edition of its « Screenings» event with a participation of over 100 buyers from 70 countries and with an increase of 30% new attendees.
Rai.Com which is the group’s commercial company that has the task to distribute the products of Rai in Italy and abroad, is heading directly from Matera to Cannes to present its large pannel of new productions and content during MIPTV.
Rai is intensifying its focus towards foreign countries taking advantage of a favorable international trend that is characterizing the areas in which it is present with multiple audiovisual offer, from fiction to Rai foreign channels, from cinema to documentaries, kids programs, animation, music and sport.
On the TV series front, the language of serialism has paved the way for narrative methods that have generated innovative products that are very appreciated abroad. In addition to consolidating the mainstream series for Rai 1 (such as Il Commissario Montalbano, born from the pen of Andrea Camilleri and produced with Palomar), Rai Fiction has begun to segment productions getting international attention like the Linea Verticale series on Rai 3, Paradiso delle Signore, La Strada di Casa, I Bastardi di Pizzofalcone, Non Uccidere, the costume drama The Promised Life. The modern style and language of Ghost Towns is already meeting great consensus among international buyers. Rai Fiction generates more than 70 percent of the hours produced in Italy and, from a commercial point of view, the only tv series market showed, at the end of 2017, an increase in Rai.Com sales on international markets by 30%. The main markets have been Europe and the United States, but the trend of Rai.Com sales are significantly expanding to South America, Central Eastern Europe and, for the documentaries, also the Far East .
Even the documentary product highlights an extension of offer with a new line designed specifically for international markets, also thanks to partnership with major international broadcasters such as Arte, France Television and RSI.
One of the goals of this new strategy on documentaries co-production and distribution is to serialize the extraordinary heritage of our country: Italy narrated by Italians. One of the most important example of this approach is the new Alberto Angela’s program Wonders, a journey in Italy. Alberto Angela is a journalist and scientific communicator who has established himself as the popularizer of spectacular documentaries. The newest production Meraviglie, un vaggio in Italia (Wonders, a journey in Italy) is exclusively distributed to international markets by Rai.Com, in a format of 6 episodes, 52 minutes length each.
Rai.Com catalog includes television series, miniseries, films and tv movies, documentaries, entertainment programs and formats, operas, ballets, classical concerts. Concerning the high profile musical line-up, thanks to an exclusive agreement with La Scala in Milan and other important Italian Opera House, Japan is a reality and the Chinese market is now opening .
On the cinema side this year the catalogue is really enriched by new contemporary titles of great appeal such as Dogman, the latest Matteo Garrone movie that has already showed excellent sales results at the European Film Market in Berlin, or Freak Out by Gabriele Mainetti that has a considerable commercial potential and of course the animation movie Gatta Cenerentola».
Among the Rai.Com international MIPTV line-up, we can count on several offers for children and young audience like the live action series Alex & Co, and the preschool animation Cat Miro.
Also very positive is the balance of the traditional distribution of Rai channels abroad, whose offer on all technologies, from cable to satellite, reaches 8 million people through Europe alone and over 20 million homes outside of the European Union. In this segment as well, the Rai.Com objective is to confirm its sales growth in the next three years.
During MIPTV come and visit the Rai.Com sales team located at booth #R7.D5
Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers
Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers
Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy
Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers
Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more