Raicom closed the 20th edition of its Screenings in Matera
Italian News | Matera | 07/04/2018
In Matera Rai.Com has successfully closed the 20th edition of its « Screenings» event with a participation of over 100 buyers from 70 countries and with an increase of 30% new attendees.
Rai.Com which is the group’s commercial company that has the task to distribute the products of Rai in Italy and abroad, is heading directly from Matera to Cannes to present its large pannel of new productions and content during MIPTV.
Rai is intensifying its focus towards foreign countries taking advantage of a favorable international trend that is characterizing the areas in which it is present with multiple audiovisual offer, from fiction to Rai foreign channels, from cinema to documentaries, kids programs, animation, music and sport.
On the TV series front, the language of serialism has paved the way for narrative methods that have generated innovative products that are very appreciated abroad. In addition to consolidating the mainstream series for Rai 1 (such as Il Commissario Montalbano, born from the pen of Andrea Camilleri and produced with Palomar), Rai Fiction has begun to segment productions getting international attention like the Linea Verticale series on Rai 3, Paradiso delle Signore, La Strada di Casa, I Bastardi di Pizzofalcone, Non Uccidere, the costume drama The Promised Life. The modern style and language of Ghost Towns is already meeting great consensus among international buyers. Rai Fiction generates more than 70 percent of the hours produced in Italy and, from a commercial point of view, the only tv series market showed, at the end of 2017, an increase in Rai.Com sales on international markets by 30%. The main markets have been Europe and the United States, but the trend of Rai.Com sales are significantly expanding to South America, Central Eastern Europe and, for the documentaries, also the Far East .
Even the documentary product highlights an extension of offer with a new line designed specifically for international markets, also thanks to partnership with major international broadcasters such as Arte, France Television and RSI.
One of the goals of this new strategy on documentaries co-production and distribution is to serialize the extraordinary heritage of our country: Italy narrated by Italians. One of the most important example of this approach is the new Alberto Angela’s program Wonders, a journey in Italy. Alberto Angela is a journalist and scientific communicator who has established himself as the popularizer of spectacular documentaries. The newest production Meraviglie, un vaggio in Italia (Wonders, a journey in Italy) is exclusively distributed to international markets by Rai.Com, in a format of 6 episodes, 52 minutes length each.
Rai.Com catalog includes television series, miniseries, films and tv movies, documentaries, entertainment programs and formats, operas, ballets, classical concerts. Concerning the high profile musical line-up, thanks to an exclusive agreement with La Scala in Milan and other important Italian Opera House, Japan is a reality and the Chinese market is now opening .
On the cinema side this year the catalogue is really enriched by new contemporary titles of great appeal such as Dogman, the latest Matteo Garrone movie that has already showed excellent sales results at the European Film Market in Berlin, or Freak Out by Gabriele Mainetti that has a considerable commercial potential and of course the animation movie Gatta Cenerentola».
Among the Rai.Com international MIPTV line-up, we can count on several offers for children and young audience like the live action series Alex & Co, and the preschool animation Cat Miro.
Also very positive is the balance of the traditional distribution of Rai channels abroad, whose offer on all technologies, from cable to satellite, reaches 8 million people through Europe alone and over 20 million homes outside of the European Union. In this segment as well, the Rai.Com objective is to confirm its sales growth in the next three years.
During MIPTV come and visit the Rai.Com sales team located at booth #R7.D5
Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers
Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers
La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers
Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share
Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more