Fatma Ruffini produces a new version of The Saturday Night Live
Format | London | 05/04/2018
NBC Universal Format division brings back the celeb show The Saturday Night Live to Italy, on TV8 Channel, part of Sky Italy Group.
Building on the global success of its Emmy award-winning format, Saturday Night Live, NBCUniversal International Formats has signed a deal with Sky Italia for the production of a local version of the show for its free to air channel, TV8.
Produced by Fatma Ruffini’s independent production company, FTM Entertainment, the 6x90’ series will launch on Saturday 7th April at 9pm. Fronted by renowned actor and presenter, Claudio Bisio, the series will showcase the best in Italian comedy and entertainment. Featuring an ensemble of leading talent and comedians, each episode will mix topical and political subject matter, with observational humour and parody.
Sky Italia’s version will mark the twelfth international remake of the cultural phenomenon, with versions already remade across France, Poland and South Korea.
Debuting in 1975, Saturday Night Live is now in its 43rd season on NBC and is the only format in the history of US television to have dominated its time slot for over 40 years. Co-produced by NBC and Broadway Video, the show has changed the face of comedy and acted as a launch pad for a host of comedy talent, in turn earning it 45 Emmys and 202 nominations.
Ana Langenberg, SVP, Format Sales & Production, NBCUniversal International Formats comments: “It is great to be partnering with Sky Italia on SNL. As such an iconic brand, the show will remain true to its format, but we can’t wait to see FTM Entertainment and Sky put their own twist on it to keep it fresh and culturally relevant for local audiences.”
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more