Zig Zag and Global Agency agree format deal for ‘Kids Cook the Funniest Things!’
Format | London | 04/04/2018
Leading independent TV Production Company Zig Zag Productions today announces a format option agreement with Global Agency, the world’s leading independent content distributor.
The deal will see Global Agency acquire the format rights to Zig Zag’s new entertainment format ‘Kids Cook the Funniest Things!’ for the world outside the UK and US, with Zig Zag retaining the rights to sell and produce the format for those territories.
In ‘Kids Cook the Funniest Things!’, a celebrity chef puts their most creative, Willy Wonka-style cooking skills to the test as they’re tasked with bringing children’s most over the top, super-sized and super-silly food ideas a reality.
Each episode features three kids with incredible and never-before-seen food ideas. These could be unique flavour mash ups, gravity-defying constructions or the most enormous, outlandish gastronomic creations. The show sees them pitch their ideas to the chef, who is tasked with making their food fantasy a reality.
But when it’s time to serve up, will the kids be pleased with the crazy creations? Or will their dream foods turn out to be a nightmare?
The format is the latest cooking-based show from Zig Zag following the commission of their South Korean co production ‘Korean Food Alive’ (13 x 30’), scheduled for broadcast on CJ E&M in which world-famous Chinese-American chef Martin Yan set out across South Korea in search of the secrets behind the country’s healthy and delicious cuisine, embarking on a journey to shed some light on Korea’s extraordinary culture and passion for food.
“Zig Zag has greatly admired Global Agency from a distance for a great while now and their international power to launch new formats. It’s for this reason we are very excited to be launching our new family entertainment format which we think combines a great mix of ingredients – the best of food and the best of fun. We are confident with Global Agency behind the format it will generate great international interest” said Danny Fenton [picture], CEO of Zig Zag Productions.
Izzet PINTO, Founder & CEO of Global Agency, commented: “We are so happy to be partnering with Zig Zag on their delightful brand – new format ‘Kids Cook the Funnies Things!’ and secure the format for our portfolio. It is an entertaining original format which is perfect for global adaptation. We will introduce it with the buyers for the first time at MIPTV and we believe that it will be in hot demand when we launch it.”
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more