Zig Zag and Global Agency agree format deal for ‘Kids Cook the Funniest Things!’
Format | London | 04/04/2018
Leading independent TV Production Company Zig Zag Productions today announces a format option agreement with Global Agency, the world’s leading independent content distributor.
The deal will see Global Agency acquire the format rights to Zig Zag’s new entertainment format ‘Kids Cook the Funniest Things!’ for the world outside the UK and US, with Zig Zag retaining the rights to sell and produce the format for those territories.
In ‘Kids Cook the Funniest Things!’, a celebrity chef puts their most creative, Willy Wonka-style cooking skills to the test as they’re tasked with bringing children’s most over the top, super-sized and super-silly food ideas a reality.
Each episode features three kids with incredible and never-before-seen food ideas. These could be unique flavour mash ups, gravity-defying constructions or the most enormous, outlandish gastronomic creations. The show sees them pitch their ideas to the chef, who is tasked with making their food fantasy a reality.
But when it’s time to serve up, will the kids be pleased with the crazy creations? Or will their dream foods turn out to be a nightmare?
The format is the latest cooking-based show from Zig Zag following the commission of their South Korean co production ‘Korean Food Alive’ (13 x 30’), scheduled for broadcast on CJ E&M in which world-famous Chinese-American chef Martin Yan set out across South Korea in search of the secrets behind the country’s healthy and delicious cuisine, embarking on a journey to shed some light on Korea’s extraordinary culture and passion for food.
“Zig Zag has greatly admired Global Agency from a distance for a great while now and their international power to launch new formats. It’s for this reason we are very excited to be launching our new family entertainment format which we think combines a great mix of ingredients – the best of food and the best of fun. We are confident with Global Agency behind the format it will generate great international interest” said Danny Fenton [picture], CEO of Zig Zag Productions.
Izzet PINTO, Founder & CEO of Global Agency, commented: “We are so happy to be partnering with Zig Zag on their delightful brand – new format ‘Kids Cook the Funnies Things!’ and secure the format for our portfolio. It is an entertaining original format which is perfect for global adaptation. We will introduce it with the buyers for the first time at MIPTV and we believe that it will be in hot demand when we launch it.”
Grande successo per l'anteprima italiana di Genius
MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Ottimo esordio per la prima puntata del Grande Fratello 15
Channel 4 to bring Armoza Formats’ Sex Tape to the UK
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more