Brave and Beautiful breaks new ground in the Far East
Scripted Format | St | 28/03/2018
Brave and Beautiful, the hit Turkish Drama series from producers Ay Yapim, has sold to broadcasters in Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines.
Already sold to over 60 territories around the world, NTV7 (Malaysia), HTV7 (Vietnam) and ABS CBN (Philippines) become the latest channels to pick up what has become one of the most widely exported series from Turkey in the recent past, bringing together arguably Turkey's two most internationally renowned television actors, Tuba Büyüküstün and Kivanc Tatlitug. The series recently debuted on Mega in Chile, and has been scoring an average 25% share, doubling the viewing figures of its closest rival in the afternoon slot.
Brave and Beautiful has fulfilled every expectation we had from a powerful producer like Ay Yapim, and the amazing acting talent they assembled, says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director of international distributor Eccho Rights. As well as our traditionally successful Turkish Drama markets like LATAM and MENA, this series has also opened doors to a number of newer regions for us.
Brave and Beautiful becomes the first Turkish Drama picked up by ABS CBN, the Philippines biggest broadcast network, a deal which shows that the global appeal of Turkish content shows no signs of slowing.
Nixon Yau Lim, Head of Asia Pacific at Eccho Rights: The Philippines is the latest country betting on Turkish Drama after seeing a growing interest across the region, in Vietnam and Malaysia particularly. This has even worked its way up to China where we have just completed our first deal for a Turkish feature film, as new channels are eager to test out this hugely successful genre. Delibal, a 2015 romantic feature length movie also from Ay Yapim, has been picked up by BlueMedia Times for broadcast in China.
Brave And Beautiful is a romance set against a deep, historical family feud that calls in to question Cesurs (Tatlıtuğ) motives when he appears as a heroic stranger to save Sühan (Büyüküstün) when her life is in danger. Broadcast on Star TV in Turkey in 2016-17, the series has won several Turkish television awards and received the Silver Bird Prize for Serial Drama at the 2017 Seoul International Drama Awards.
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The worlds entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more