Global Agency's My Wife Rules makes Thai debut
Format | Istanbul | 19/03/2018
Global Agency today announced that its hit couple cooking contest My Wife Rules has launched in Thailand. The format is produced by Media Studio, a subsidiary of Bangkok Broadcasting & Television (BBTV), in collaboration with dentsu X (Thailand), a part of Dentsu Aegis Network and broadcast at Channel 7 (CH7), a terrestrial free TV broadcaster with a long reputation of #1 audience share, on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 13.00 – 14.00.
My Wife Rules is the first couple cooking contest, where the husband is cooking by remote control! First, a chef will demonstrate a recipe to the wives only, who are not allowed to take notes. Then, they leave the kitchen and their husbands step up to the stove. Communicating only through an earpiece, the wives must get their husbands to cook the exact same dish without any experience or knowledge of what they are cooking. Once the 60 minutes are up, the dishes will be sampled blindfold and the wives must give points for effort. The chef will also judge and comment along the way. At stake is a $10,000 cash prize for the winning couple with the most points at the end of each show.
The format has also been sold to some of the major international broadcasters including SBT (Brazil), Mediacorp (A3 from the EPTV, Algeria) and Kanal D (Romania). Produced by Herve Hubert, My Wife Rules was licensed to France 2 too, which has now aired more than 200 episodes. In addition, the format has been optioned in Finland, Russia, Mena, Spain, Poland, Germany, USA, UK, Greece, Cyprus and Italy.
Izzet PINTO, Founder & CEO of Global Agency, said: “My Wife Rules is an extraordinary and fresh format which brings a different and unique approach to its genre. After seeing its different versions in various territories, we are now delighted to announce this latest sales of My Wife Rules to Thailand thanks to Media Studio and dentsu X (Thailand). The show has fantastic potential as it is the very first couple cooking contest where the husband is cooking by remote control. I believe it will uniquely engage the audience’s interest at its new home.”
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more