Global Agency's My Wife Rules makes Thai debut
Format | Istanbul | 19/03/2018
Global Agency today announced that its hit couple cooking contest My Wife Rules has launched in Thailand. The format is produced by Media Studio, a subsidiary of Bangkok Broadcasting & Television (BBTV), in collaboration with dentsu X (Thailand), a part of Dentsu Aegis Network and broadcast at Channel 7 (CH7), a terrestrial free TV broadcaster with a long reputation of #1 audience share, on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 13.00 – 14.00.
My Wife Rules is the first couple cooking contest, where the husband is cooking by remote control! First, a chef will demonstrate a recipe to the wives only, who are not allowed to take notes. Then, they leave the kitchen and their husbands step up to the stove. Communicating only through an earpiece, the wives must get their husbands to cook the exact same dish without any experience or knowledge of what they are cooking. Once the 60 minutes are up, the dishes will be sampled blindfold and the wives must give points for effort. The chef will also judge and comment along the way. At stake is a $10,000 cash prize for the winning couple with the most points at the end of each show.
The format has also been sold to some of the major international broadcasters including SBT (Brazil), Mediacorp (A3 from the EPTV, Algeria) and Kanal D (Romania). Produced by Herve Hubert, My Wife Rules was licensed to France 2 too, which has now aired more than 200 episodes. In addition, the format has been optioned in Finland, Russia, Mena, Spain, Poland, Germany, USA, UK, Greece, Cyprus and Italy.
Izzet PINTO, Founder & CEO of Global Agency, said: “My Wife Rules is an extraordinary and fresh format which brings a different and unique approach to its genre. After seeing its different versions in various territories, we are now delighted to announce this latest sales of My Wife Rules to Thailand thanks to Media Studio and dentsu X (Thailand). The show has fantastic potential as it is the very first couple cooking contest where the husband is cooking by remote control. I believe it will uniquely engage the audience’s interest at its new home.”
Grande successo per l'anteprima italiana di Genius
MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Ottimo esordio per la prima puntata del Grande Fratello 15
Channel 4 to bring Armoza Formats’ Sex Tape to the UK
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more