Keshet acquired a majority stake in Grennbird Media
Format | Tel Aviv | 12/03/2018
It has been announced today that international content and media group, Keshet International (KI), has agreed to acquire a majority stake in Greenbird Media, the production company incubator, investor and business accelerator founded by joint Managing Directors Jamie Munro and Stuart Mullin in 2012.
The investment is seen by both KI and Greenbird Media as a collaboration that plays to their individual strengths and shared ambition to help production companies realise their full potential.
Greenbird Media will continue to provide independent producers with access to innovative funding models and expertise in the commercial exploitation of intellectual property and licensing deals to support their creative productions.
Keshet International brings its worldwide development, production and distribution expertise and broad global reach to Greenbird Media. Their combined strengths will allow for the distribution and creation of innovative, diverse original content to audiences across all key territories.
As part of the deal, KI becomes the distribution partner for the independent production companies (IPC) that are supported by Greenbird Media, adding more entertainment, factual entertainment and factual content to its catalogue.
Keshet International’s Managing Director UK and West Europe, Sammy Nourmand, said: “Jamie and Stuart have created a nurturing and supportive environment for the impressive stable of producers they work with. The quality content that the indies produce speaks for itself and the opportunity to work with the team at Greenbird and those IPC’s was too good to turn down. The prospect of KI and Greenbird, running off into the playground like a pair of five-year-olds should be lots of fun.”
“Greenbird Media, with its entrepreneurial and creative culture, is the perfect match for us,” said Alon Shtruzman, CEO of KI. “We share similar philosophies and values, and by combining KI’s global footprint with Greenbird Media’s stellar team, I see limitless possibilities and accelerated growth.”
Greenbird Media Joint Managing Director, Jamie Munro, said: “We would like to thank BBC Worldwide for believing in us at our inception. Now it’s time for us to take our next step. We are excited about working with Keshet International who are a like-minded, successful, international partner with an inherent commercial drive which will help us to continue to deliver the support we provide for the amazing production companies we work with.”
Greenbird Media Joint Managing Director, Stuart Mullin, added: “This is a great opportunity for all of us. Jamie and I are very proud to have helped the production companies grow, and now enter a new phase with an entrepreneurial commercial partner like Keshet International. We have the same values and determination to succeed in an increasingly competitive market place, we can’t wait to get started.”
KI’s strategic partnership sees them take an increased stake in Greenbird Media as well as acquiring BBC Worldwide’s previous shareholding.
The deal has been brokered by Managing Director UK and West Europe Sammy Nourmand, Keshet’s Head of Business Affairs Viktor Vakrat and Keshet CFO Sigal Alboher for KI, and by Company Managing Directors Jamie Munro and Stuart Mullin for Greenbird Media. Greenbird Media was advised by ACF Investment Bank throughout the process and the legal team at Wiggins acted on its behalf. Keshet International was represented by KI General Legal Counsel and SVP Business Affairs Avital Onn Shachar and the team at Simons Muirhead Burton
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more