Keshet acquired a majority stake in Grennbird Media
Format | Tel Aviv | 12/03/2018
It has been announced today that international content and media group, Keshet International (KI), has agreed to acquire a majority stake in Greenbird Media, the production company incubator, investor and business accelerator founded by joint Managing Directors Jamie Munro and Stuart Mullin in 2012.
The investment is seen by both KI and Greenbird Media as a collaboration that plays to their individual strengths and shared ambition to help production companies realise their full potential.
Greenbird Media will continue to provide independent producers with access to innovative funding models and expertise in the commercial exploitation of intellectual property and licensing deals to support their creative productions.
Keshet International brings its worldwide development, production and distribution expertise and broad global reach to Greenbird Media. Their combined strengths will allow for the distribution and creation of innovative, diverse original content to audiences across all key territories.
As part of the deal, KI becomes the distribution partner for the independent production companies (IPC) that are supported by Greenbird Media, adding more entertainment, factual entertainment and factual content to its catalogue.
Keshet International’s Managing Director UK and West Europe, Sammy Nourmand, said: “Jamie and Stuart have created a nurturing and supportive environment for the impressive stable of producers they work with. The quality content that the indies produce speaks for itself and the opportunity to work with the team at Greenbird and those IPC’s was too good to turn down. The prospect of KI and Greenbird, running off into the playground like a pair of five-year-olds should be lots of fun.”
“Greenbird Media, with its entrepreneurial and creative culture, is the perfect match for us,” said Alon Shtruzman, CEO of KI. “We share similar philosophies and values, and by combining KI’s global footprint with Greenbird Media’s stellar team, I see limitless possibilities and accelerated growth.”
Greenbird Media Joint Managing Director, Jamie Munro, said: “We would like to thank BBC Worldwide for believing in us at our inception. Now it’s time for us to take our next step. We are excited about working with Keshet International who are a like-minded, successful, international partner with an inherent commercial drive which will help us to continue to deliver the support we provide for the amazing production companies we work with.”
Greenbird Media Joint Managing Director, Stuart Mullin, added: “This is a great opportunity for all of us. Jamie and I are very proud to have helped the production companies grow, and now enter a new phase with an entrepreneurial commercial partner like Keshet International. We have the same values and determination to succeed in an increasingly competitive market place, we can’t wait to get started.”
KI’s strategic partnership sees them take an increased stake in Greenbird Media as well as acquiring BBC Worldwide’s previous shareholding.
The deal has been brokered by Managing Director UK and West Europe Sammy Nourmand, Keshet’s Head of Business Affairs Viktor Vakrat and Keshet CFO Sigal Alboher for KI, and by Company Managing Directors Jamie Munro and Stuart Mullin for Greenbird Media. Greenbird Media was advised by ACF Investment Bank throughout the process and the legal team at Wiggins acted on its behalf. Keshet International was represented by KI General Legal Counsel and SVP Business Affairs Avital Onn Shachar and the team at Simons Muirhead Burton
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more