Format Five Days inside heads for The Netherlands and Belgium
Format | London | 07/03/2018
Magnify Media, the UK-based distribution and rights-management specialist, has secured its first two commissions for Five Days Insidean original primetime series from Norwegian public broadcaster NRK.
In the Netherlands, Dutch indie Vincent TV Producties has produced a 6 x 60 mins series for RTL4, which is set to air in March. In Belgium, Lecter Media has picked up the format rights, securing a commission to produce a 6 x 60 mins series for an as-yet undisclosed broadcaster, to be announced later this year.
In Five Days Inside, a journalist sets out discover what it’s really like to live and work behind the closed doors of such institutions, in each epsiode visiting places such as a drug rehab unit, a hospice for the terminally ill, a children’s home, an eating-disorder clinic and an old people’s home. The hard-hitting series has also just been commissioned for a second season in Norway after debuting to strong ratings and a 50% higher-than-average share in the coveted 16-to-24 demographic.
Ole Hedemann, head of formats at NRK, said: ‘You have big shows, and then you have important shows. Five Days Inside proved to be both. It stands out in our schedule as something unique and heart-warming, despite the seriousness of the topics. It’s a big hit with our audience, and we love that this show is moving to new territories bringing these important untold stories to life elsewhere in the world.’
Andrea Jackson, founder and CEO of Magnify Media, added: “Institutions are often closed and secretive worlds, but they are part of society and it’s important to have an understanding and empathy for the people living and working in these extraordinary and challenging environments. Five Days Inside is an unflinching look at the reality of institutional living that makes for provocative and powerful viewing”
Five Days Inside is not the first NRK format to have been licensed for production internationally by Magnify Media. In October 2017, the Norwegian broadcaster’s hit game show Doctors Vs Internet was licensed to TV2 Denmark, bringing the number of territories to have acquired or optioned the format to 12.
House of Talent captivates the young audience
Banijay Rights’ Hit Format, The Legacy, Set to Air for First Time in Belgium
Ottimo esordio per Romolo + Giuly – La guerra mondiale italiana
Endemol Shine Group announces management change in The Netherlands
Media Ranch reveals its line up of original formats at MIPCOM
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more