Format Five Days inside heads for The Netherlands and Belgium
Format | London | 07/03/2018
Magnify Media, the UK-based distribution and rights-management specialist, has secured its first two commissions for Five Days Insidean original primetime series from Norwegian public broadcaster NRK.
In the Netherlands, Dutch indie Vincent TV Producties has produced a 6 x 60 mins series for RTL4, which is set to air in March. In Belgium, Lecter Media has picked up the format rights, securing a commission to produce a 6 x 60 mins series for an as-yet undisclosed broadcaster, to be announced later this year.
In Five Days Inside, a journalist sets out discover what it’s really like to live and work behind the closed doors of such institutions, in each epsiode visiting places such as a drug rehab unit, a hospice for the terminally ill, a children’s home, an eating-disorder clinic and an old people’s home. The hard-hitting series has also just been commissioned for a second season in Norway after debuting to strong ratings and a 50% higher-than-average share in the coveted 16-to-24 demographic.
Ole Hedemann, head of formats at NRK, said: ‘You have big shows, and then you have important shows. Five Days Inside proved to be both. It stands out in our schedule as something unique and heart-warming, despite the seriousness of the topics. It’s a big hit with our audience, and we love that this show is moving to new territories bringing these important untold stories to life elsewhere in the world.’
Andrea Jackson, founder and CEO of Magnify Media, added: “Institutions are often closed and secretive worlds, but they are part of society and it’s important to have an understanding and empathy for the people living and working in these extraordinary and challenging environments. Five Days Inside is an unflinching look at the reality of institutional living that makes for provocative and powerful viewing”
Five Days Inside is not the first NRK format to have been licensed for production internationally by Magnify Media. In October 2017, the Norwegian broadcaster’s hit game show Doctors Vs Internet was licensed to TV2 Denmark, bringing the number of territories to have acquired or optioned the format to 12.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more