China's Alibaba/Youku President to keynote at Miptv
Tv Events | Paris | 05/03/2018
MIPTV announces the keynote speech by Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group.
The flagship and leading global TV and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from 9-12 April 2018.
As part of MIPTV’s overall “Creators in Demand” conference theme, Yang Weidong’s keynote will outline the necessity of continuing to provide a bridge between the internet and broadcast channels, and the need to create qualitative, brand-defining content. He will also share his company’s international partnership strategy aimed at strengthening Youku’s position as a leading multi-screen entertainment and media platform in China.
Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group, has contributed to rebuilding the relationship between the internet and TV channels, and leading Chinese online video into the era of well-made content. He has promoted the “ecologicalisation” of cultural industries, the creation of “super series,” and the development of different types and brands of video. He was the first to put forward the model of integration of the “super variety show” and the internet variety show, and created the popular “MARS Intelligence Agency.” In his previous role as President of Tudou.com, he reshaped the company, turning it into a cultural brand among youth.
Weidong Yang has been President of Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment Group since December 2017, and has also served as President of Youku business group since October 2016. Prior to that, he headed the operations of the Youku business group and other digital media and entertainment businesses in various senior executive roles since joining the company in May 2016.
Asian TV drama will be also highlighted in the MIPTV conference programme, with a showcase introducing the new producers to watch from that region. There will also be a panel emphasising the new breed of local dramas with regional reach and global ambitions coming from Asian OTT platforms, alongside the well-established regional powerhouse networks that have raised the bar in terms of local drama series. Speakers so far confirmed include executives from HOOQ, HBO ASIA, VIKI, and YOUKU.
CANNESERIES takes place alongside MIPTV and “In Development” as part of the biggest week in TV.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more