China's Alibaba/Youku President to keynote at Miptv
Tv Events | Paris | 05/03/2018
MIPTV announces the keynote speech by Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group.
The flagship and leading global TV and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from 9-12 April 2018.
As part of MIPTV’s overall “Creators in Demand” conference theme, Yang Weidong’s keynote will outline the necessity of continuing to provide a bridge between the internet and broadcast channels, and the need to create qualitative, brand-defining content. He will also share his company’s international partnership strategy aimed at strengthening Youku’s position as a leading multi-screen entertainment and media platform in China.
Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group, has contributed to rebuilding the relationship between the internet and TV channels, and leading Chinese online video into the era of well-made content. He has promoted the “ecologicalisation” of cultural industries, the creation of “super series,” and the development of different types and brands of video. He was the first to put forward the model of integration of the “super variety show” and the internet variety show, and created the popular “MARS Intelligence Agency.” In his previous role as President of Tudou.com, he reshaped the company, turning it into a cultural brand among youth.
Weidong Yang has been President of Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment Group since December 2017, and has also served as President of Youku business group since October 2016. Prior to that, he headed the operations of the Youku business group and other digital media and entertainment businesses in various senior executive roles since joining the company in May 2016.
Asian TV drama will be also highlighted in the MIPTV conference programme, with a showcase introducing the new producers to watch from that region. There will also be a panel emphasising the new breed of local dramas with regional reach and global ambitions coming from Asian OTT platforms, alongside the well-established regional powerhouse networks that have raised the bar in terms of local drama series. Speakers so far confirmed include executives from HOOQ, HBO ASIA, VIKI, and YOUKU.
CANNESERIES takes place alongside MIPTV and “In Development” as part of the biggest week in TV.
Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom
MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour
Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes
President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior
TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more