Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Format | New York | 12/02/2018
Endemol Shine Group today announced a series of global deals to air the U.S.’s first ever celebrity version of Big Brother.
Endemol Shine International has signed deals with Corus in Canada and Nine Network in Australia to air Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. Corus’ Global TV will simulcast the series in Canada and Nine Network’s multichannel GO! will be broadcasting the show for Australian audiences.
Outside of the U.S., full episodes will also be screened on YouTube channel Big Brother Universe, marking the first time that full episodes of Big Brother will be available via the newly created hub channel. Big Brother Universe has already amassed 20 million video views and 55,000 subscribers in the three months since launch.
Cathy Payne, CEO of Endemol Shine International says, “We are delighted that our partners are bringing the first ever U.S. Big Brother: Celebrity Edition to audiences around the world. The huge appetite to watch the event series across a variety of platforms is testament to the show’s enduring appeal.”
Endemol Shine North America CEO Cris Abrego added, “It’s so great to see that our first celebrity edition of ‘Big Brother’ here in the States is now taking off globally. The team at CBS, as well as Allison and Rich at Fly on the Wall Entertainment and their extended production teams, have done an amazing job staying true to the successful formula that has worked so well for this franchise, while also tapping into the zeitgeist with a great mix of celebrity houseguests.”
The three-week run of Big Brother: Celebrity Edition launched in the U.S. last week on the CBS Television Network where it was the top rated and most-watched show of the night with a 1.8 rating for adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers. The series is also available for live stream and on-demand viewing via CBS All Access.
Big Brother: Celebrity Edition housemates include former White House aide Omarosa, television personality Brandi Glanville, Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath and American Pie actor Shannon Elizabeth. The Endemol Shine Group hit reality format is produced for CBS by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol Shine North America.
Big Brother started a TV revolution and quickly became a cultural and social media phenomenon pushing boundaries across all platforms around the world. Breaking records across the globe with an audience of over 2 billion viewers worldwide, Big Brother is produced in nearly 70 territories and seen in over 120 countries. Endemol Shine International hold global distribution rights.
Big Brother Universe features clips, compilations and curated content from a number of markets around the world including Australia, Canada, Denmark, Germany, India, Israel, Nigeria, UK and the U.S. Due to existing contractual commitments, Big Brother: Celebrity Edition will be geoblocked in Africa, Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, India, UK, and U.S.
Debutto col botto per Vuoi Scommettere? Su Canale 5 in prima serata
Magnus Kastner has been appointed as CEO at Endemol Shine Germany
Su Canale5 arriva il game show Vuoi Scommettere? con la Hunziker.
Global Agency format The Legend will premiere in Brasil
Telemundo commissions La Voz (The Voice) for 2019
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more