Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Format | New York | 12/02/2018
Endemol Shine Group today announced a series of global deals to air the U.S.’s first ever celebrity version of Big Brother.
Endemol Shine International has signed deals with Corus in Canada and Nine Network in Australia to air Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. Corus’ Global TV will simulcast the series in Canada and Nine Network’s multichannel GO! will be broadcasting the show for Australian audiences.
Outside of the U.S., full episodes will also be screened on YouTube channel Big Brother Universe, marking the first time that full episodes of Big Brother will be available via the newly created hub channel. Big Brother Universe has already amassed 20 million video views and 55,000 subscribers in the three months since launch.
Cathy Payne, CEO of Endemol Shine International says, “We are delighted that our partners are bringing the first ever U.S. Big Brother: Celebrity Edition to audiences around the world. The huge appetite to watch the event series across a variety of platforms is testament to the show’s enduring appeal.”
Endemol Shine North America CEO Cris Abrego added, “It’s so great to see that our first celebrity edition of ‘Big Brother’ here in the States is now taking off globally. The team at CBS, as well as Allison and Rich at Fly on the Wall Entertainment and their extended production teams, have done an amazing job staying true to the successful formula that has worked so well for this franchise, while also tapping into the zeitgeist with a great mix of celebrity houseguests.”
The three-week run of Big Brother: Celebrity Edition launched in the U.S. last week on the CBS Television Network where it was the top rated and most-watched show of the night with a 1.8 rating for adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers. The series is also available for live stream and on-demand viewing via CBS All Access.
Big Brother: Celebrity Edition housemates include former White House aide Omarosa, television personality Brandi Glanville, Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath and American Pie actor Shannon Elizabeth. The Endemol Shine Group hit reality format is produced for CBS by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol Shine North America.
Big Brother started a TV revolution and quickly became a cultural and social media phenomenon pushing boundaries across all platforms around the world. Breaking records across the globe with an audience of over 2 billion viewers worldwide, Big Brother is produced in nearly 70 territories and seen in over 120 countries. Endemol Shine International hold global distribution rights.
Big Brother Universe features clips, compilations and curated content from a number of markets around the world including Australia, Canada, Denmark, Germany, India, Israel, Nigeria, UK and the U.S. Due to existing contractual commitments, Big Brother: Celebrity Edition will be geoblocked in Africa, Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, India, UK, and U.S.
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more