Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Format | New York | 12/02/2018
Endemol Shine Group today announced a series of global deals to air the U.S.’s first ever celebrity version of Big Brother.
Endemol Shine International has signed deals with Corus in Canada and Nine Network in Australia to air Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. Corus’ Global TV will simulcast the series in Canada and Nine Network’s multichannel GO! will be broadcasting the show for Australian audiences.
Outside of the U.S., full episodes will also be screened on YouTube channel Big Brother Universe, marking the first time that full episodes of Big Brother will be available via the newly created hub channel. Big Brother Universe has already amassed 20 million video views and 55,000 subscribers in the three months since launch.
Cathy Payne, CEO of Endemol Shine International says, “We are delighted that our partners are bringing the first ever U.S. Big Brother: Celebrity Edition to audiences around the world. The huge appetite to watch the event series across a variety of platforms is testament to the show’s enduring appeal.”
Endemol Shine North America CEO Cris Abrego added, “It’s so great to see that our first celebrity edition of ‘Big Brother’ here in the States is now taking off globally. The team at CBS, as well as Allison and Rich at Fly on the Wall Entertainment and their extended production teams, have done an amazing job staying true to the successful formula that has worked so well for this franchise, while also tapping into the zeitgeist with a great mix of celebrity houseguests.”
The three-week run of Big Brother: Celebrity Edition launched in the U.S. last week on the CBS Television Network where it was the top rated and most-watched show of the night with a 1.8 rating for adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers. The series is also available for live stream and on-demand viewing via CBS All Access.
Big Brother: Celebrity Edition housemates include former White House aide Omarosa, television personality Brandi Glanville, Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath and American Pie actor Shannon Elizabeth. The Endemol Shine Group hit reality format is produced for CBS by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol Shine North America.
Big Brother started a TV revolution and quickly became a cultural and social media phenomenon pushing boundaries across all platforms around the world. Breaking records across the globe with an audience of over 2 billion viewers worldwide, Big Brother is produced in nearly 70 territories and seen in over 120 countries. Endemol Shine International hold global distribution rights.
Big Brother Universe features clips, compilations and curated content from a number of markets around the world including Australia, Canada, Denmark, Germany, India, Israel, Nigeria, UK and the U.S. Due to existing contractual commitments, Big Brother: Celebrity Edition will be geoblocked in Africa, Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, India, UK, and U.S.
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
Paranormal format Secret of Numbers adapted in Indonesia
Keshet hit Rising Star retains position as #1 talent show in Israel
The Story Lab has reached a deal for a Chinese version of Game of Clones
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more