Walter Presents secures drama series Tabula Rasa for UK
Scripted Format | Berlin | 12/02/2018
WALTER PRESENTS the global TV drama service has secured the hotly anticipated, smash hit Belgian series TABULA RASA from ZDF Enterprises for the UK.
TABULA RASA is a 9 x 50’ psychological thriller starring Veerle Baetens who plays Mie, a young woman with amnesia. Locked up in a secure psychiatric hospital Mie was the last person to be seen with a man who has since disappeared. As both a witness and prime suspect, she holds the key to solving this mysterious case. To prove her innocence, Mie must confront and recover her recent past but the more she remembers, the more she starts to mistrust not only the people around her, but also… herself.
Produced by Caviar Films TABULA RASA will premiere on Channel 4 in the summer with the whole of the series immediately available to view on All 4. Co-written by Malin-Sarah Gozin, Veerle Baetens and Christophe Dirickx this is the second Caviar production to be picked up by Walter Presents.
Co-founder and curator Walter Iuzzolino says:
“Malin-Sarah has a gift for creating unique dramas which never cease to surprise and delight. This is a superb, taut, psychological thriller that scares and intrigues in equal measure. Tabula Rasa is sure to make a lasting impression with UK audiences.”
Fred Burcksen, President and CEO of ZDF Enterprises says:
“I’m delighted to have sealed our 9th deal with Walter Presents, who continue to champion and raise the profile of foreign language dramas globally. Tabula Rasa is a ZDFneo and ZDF Enterprises co-production and we’re very proud to have it as a jewel in our catalogue.”
About Walters Presents
Walter Presents launched January 2016 in the UK as a FREE video-on-demand service and is a joint venture between Channel 4 and Global Series Network, founded by Jason Thorp, Walter Iuzzolino and Jo McGrath. Dedicated to showcasing award winning foreign language drama, the service is named after its curator Walter Iuzzolino, a passionate drama fan. In March 2017 Walter Presents launched as an SVOD platform in the US with the New York Times hailing it as a ‘chic TV boutique with a foreign accent.’ In November 2017 Walter Presents launched in Australia on Foxtel, the second stage of a planned global rollout.
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more