Walter Presents secures drama series Tabula Rasa for UK
Scripted Format | Berlin | 12/02/2018
WALTER PRESENTS the global TV drama service has secured the hotly anticipated, smash hit Belgian series TABULA RASA from ZDF Enterprises for the UK.
TABULA RASA is a 9 x 50’ psychological thriller starring Veerle Baetens who plays Mie, a young woman with amnesia. Locked up in a secure psychiatric hospital Mie was the last person to be seen with a man who has since disappeared. As both a witness and prime suspect, she holds the key to solving this mysterious case. To prove her innocence, Mie must confront and recover her recent past but the more she remembers, the more she starts to mistrust not only the people around her, but also… herself.
Produced by Caviar Films TABULA RASA will premiere on Channel 4 in the summer with the whole of the series immediately available to view on All 4. Co-written by Malin-Sarah Gozin, Veerle Baetens and Christophe Dirickx this is the second Caviar production to be picked up by Walter Presents.
Co-founder and curator Walter Iuzzolino says:
“Malin-Sarah has a gift for creating unique dramas which never cease to surprise and delight. This is a superb, taut, psychological thriller that scares and intrigues in equal measure. Tabula Rasa is sure to make a lasting impression with UK audiences.”
Fred Burcksen, President and CEO of ZDF Enterprises says:
“I’m delighted to have sealed our 9th deal with Walter Presents, who continue to champion and raise the profile of foreign language dramas globally. Tabula Rasa is a ZDFneo and ZDF Enterprises co-production and we’re very proud to have it as a jewel in our catalogue.”
About Walters Presents
Walter Presents launched January 2016 in the UK as a FREE video-on-demand service and is a joint venture between Channel 4 and Global Series Network, founded by Jason Thorp, Walter Iuzzolino and Jo McGrath. Dedicated to showcasing award winning foreign language drama, the service is named after its curator Walter Iuzzolino, a passionate drama fan. In March 2017 Walter Presents launched as an SVOD platform in the US with the New York Times hailing it as a ‘chic TV boutique with a foreign accent.’ In November 2017 Walter Presents launched in Australia on Foxtel, the second stage of a planned global rollout.
Diavoli: la nuova serie co-prodotta da Lux Vide e Sky Italia
International series hit “Babylon Berlin” goes into 3rd season
Netflix has signed first-look deal with Spanish broadcaster Atresmedia
Televisa takes two scripted formats from Keshet International
Keshet Productions UK bolsters development team with new hires
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more