Walter Presents secures drama series Tabula Rasa for UK
Scripted Format | Berlin | 12/02/2018
WALTER PRESENTS the global TV drama service has secured the hotly anticipated, smash hit Belgian series TABULA RASA from ZDF Enterprises for the UK.
TABULA RASA is a 9 x 50’ psychological thriller starring Veerle Baetens who plays Mie, a young woman with amnesia. Locked up in a secure psychiatric hospital Mie was the last person to be seen with a man who has since disappeared. As both a witness and prime suspect, she holds the key to solving this mysterious case. To prove her innocence, Mie must confront and recover her recent past but the more she remembers, the more she starts to mistrust not only the people around her, but also… herself.
Produced by Caviar Films TABULA RASA will premiere on Channel 4 in the summer with the whole of the series immediately available to view on All 4. Co-written by Malin-Sarah Gozin, Veerle Baetens and Christophe Dirickx this is the second Caviar production to be picked up by Walter Presents.
Co-founder and curator Walter Iuzzolino says:
“Malin-Sarah has a gift for creating unique dramas which never cease to surprise and delight. This is a superb, taut, psychological thriller that scares and intrigues in equal measure. Tabula Rasa is sure to make a lasting impression with UK audiences.”
Fred Burcksen, President and CEO of ZDF Enterprises says:
“I’m delighted to have sealed our 9th deal with Walter Presents, who continue to champion and raise the profile of foreign language dramas globally. Tabula Rasa is a ZDFneo and ZDF Enterprises co-production and we’re very proud to have it as a jewel in our catalogue.”
About Walters Presents
Walter Presents launched January 2016 in the UK as a FREE video-on-demand service and is a joint venture between Channel 4 and Global Series Network, founded by Jason Thorp, Walter Iuzzolino and Jo McGrath. Dedicated to showcasing award winning foreign language drama, the service is named after its curator Walter Iuzzolino, a passionate drama fan. In March 2017 Walter Presents launched as an SVOD platform in the US with the New York Times hailing it as a ‘chic TV boutique with a foreign accent.’ In November 2017 Walter Presents launched in Australia on Foxtel, the second stage of a planned global rollout.
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more