Keshet hit Rising Star retains position as #1 talent show in Israel
Format | Tel Aviv | 07/02/2018
Keshet International’s (KI) interactive talent format RISING STAR is maintaining its position as the number one talent show in Israel, following its success in 2017 as the highest rated show in Israel overall.
RISING STAR, which is consistently in the top five shows in Israel, has been averaging 26.1% audience share and 17.4% rating. The show leads X Factor by 23% in ratings and 21% in share, and in all age groups - kids and teens, 18-49 age bracket, women, upscale, and higher education.
The Indian version has been re-commissioned for a second and third series by Colors TV, Viacom18’s flagship entertainment brand in India, and launched in January 2018. This follows the success of series one, which attracted three million voters across the series, and marked the country’s first ever real time voting show. The second season premiere of Rising Star India aired on Saturday January 20th 2018 at 9 pm and achieved an average rating of 2.2, outperforming the closest competitor's (Sony channel) ratings by 57%. The second episode aired on Sunday January 21st and performed even more strongly than the premiere with an average rating of 2.3, outperforming Sony’s rating by 84%.
As KI’s fastest-selling talent show on record, RISING STAR has achieved unprecedented global success for broadcasters in terms of audience share and digital engagement. Second seasons of the show recently aired in Turkey and Indonesia; a third season was broadcast in Brazil - garnering an average share of 31%. In Greece, the season finale was watched by more than half of the country’s TV viewers, achieving a 56% share during the episode’s peak, and a 35% share for the entire episode. The season aired regularly in the same slot as reality show Survivor (aired on the competing channel), maintaining high and stable viewing figures, with an average share of 30%. So far, the show has attracted more than 200 million viewers' votes worldwide.
Created and produced by Tedy Productions and Keshet Broadcasting, RISING STAR first launched in September 2013. Now more than 360 episodes of the show have aired worldwide.
(credit Ohad Romano)
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more