Elif tops Latam buyers lists
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 07/02/2018
Following last month’s NATPE in Miami, Eccho Rights can confirm new sales of daily drama sensation Elif amounting to over 1200 hours.
Channels across Latin American have enjoyed huge success with the series from producers Green Yapim, which first aired in the region on Caracol in Colombia in summer 2016, scoring an average share of over 25% ever since. More significant numbers have come from Telefe in Argentina where Elif has been winning its slot each day with an average share well over 40% since launching in August 2017.
Wapa America have now signed up the series for Hispanic US, while broadcasters in Puerto Rico (Telemundo), Paraguay (Telefuturo), Peru (Latina), Chile (TVN), as well as Caracol and Telefe have been busily renewing for additional seasons, buoyed by these success stories.
“Elif continues to top ratings charts around the world, and now in its fourth season in Turkey, shows no signs of slowing down,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights
“The results speak for themselves and buyers are queuing up each time we meet to get more of the same!” adds Laura Minarro, acting Head of Sales for LATAM.
Elif tells the story of a young girl who is sent away to live on a farm by her mother. Elif's father owns the farm, but neither father nor daughter knows that they are related. As time goes by, tensions rise and Elif finds herself in the middle of a family power struggle.
The series is the most successful of all time for Kanal 7 in Turkey with its current 4th season bringing the total number of available episodes to over 900. Elif has become a widespread hit across the Balkans, Baltic nations and notably in Indonesia where Elif became the number one series for SCTV, and spawned a local remake.
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more