Elif tops Latam buyers lists
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 07/02/2018
Following last month’s NATPE in Miami, Eccho Rights can confirm new sales of daily drama sensation Elif amounting to over 1200 hours.
Channels across Latin American have enjoyed huge success with the series from producers Green Yapim, which first aired in the region on Caracol in Colombia in summer 2016, scoring an average share of over 25% ever since. More significant numbers have come from Telefe in Argentina where Elif has been winning its slot each day with an average share well over 40% since launching in August 2017.
Wapa America have now signed up the series for Hispanic US, while broadcasters in Puerto Rico (Telemundo), Paraguay (Telefuturo), Peru (Latina), Chile (TVN), as well as Caracol and Telefe have been busily renewing for additional seasons, buoyed by these success stories.
“Elif continues to top ratings charts around the world, and now in its fourth season in Turkey, shows no signs of slowing down,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights
“The results speak for themselves and buyers are queuing up each time we meet to get more of the same!” adds Laura Minarro, acting Head of Sales for LATAM.
Elif tells the story of a young girl who is sent away to live on a farm by her mother. Elif's father owns the farm, but neither father nor daughter knows that they are related. As time goes by, tensions rise and Elif finds herself in the middle of a family power struggle.
The series is the most successful of all time for Kanal 7 in Turkey with its current 4th season bringing the total number of available episodes to over 900. Elif has become a widespread hit across the Balkans, Baltic nations and notably in Indonesia where Elif became the number one series for SCTV, and spawned a local remake.
Diavoli: la nuova serie co-prodotta da Lux Vide e Sky Italia
International series hit “Babylon Berlin” goes into 3rd season
Netflix has signed first-look deal with Spanish broadcaster Atresmedia
Televisa takes two scripted formats from Keshet International
Keshet Productions UK bolsters development team with new hires
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more