Elif tops Latam buyers lists
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 07/02/2018
Following last month’s NATPE in Miami, Eccho Rights can confirm new sales of daily drama sensation Elif amounting to over 1200 hours.
Channels across Latin American have enjoyed huge success with the series from producers Green Yapim, which first aired in the region on Caracol in Colombia in summer 2016, scoring an average share of over 25% ever since. More significant numbers have come from Telefe in Argentina where Elif has been winning its slot each day with an average share well over 40% since launching in August 2017.
Wapa America have now signed up the series for Hispanic US, while broadcasters in Puerto Rico (Telemundo), Paraguay (Telefuturo), Peru (Latina), Chile (TVN), as well as Caracol and Telefe have been busily renewing for additional seasons, buoyed by these success stories.
“Elif continues to top ratings charts around the world, and now in its fourth season in Turkey, shows no signs of slowing down,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights
“The results speak for themselves and buyers are queuing up each time we meet to get more of the same!” adds Laura Minarro, acting Head of Sales for LATAM.
Elif tells the story of a young girl who is sent away to live on a farm by her mother. Elif's father owns the farm, but neither father nor daughter knows that they are related. As time goes by, tensions rise and Elif finds herself in the middle of a family power struggle.
The series is the most successful of all time for Kanal 7 in Turkey with its current 4th season bringing the total number of available episodes to over 900. Elif has become a widespread hit across the Balkans, Baltic nations and notably in Indonesia where Elif became the number one series for SCTV, and spawned a local remake.
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more