Michael Emerson joins cast of major event series THE NAME OF THE ROSE
Scripted Format | Munich | 07/02/2018
Two time Emmy Award® winning actor Michael Emerson (“Person of Interest,” “Lost”) has been cast in the major event series THE NAME OF THE ROSE, produced by TMG, 11 Marzo Film and Palomar in association with RAI Fiction, that is currently shooting in Rome (Italy). Emerson joins Emmy Award® Winner and Golden Globe® nominee John Turturro (“The Night Of”), Golden Globe® nominee Rupert Everett (“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”), Damian Hardung (“Red Band Society”), International Emmy Award® nominee Sebastian Koch (“Homeland”), James Cosmo (“Game of Thrones”), Richard Sammel (“Inglourious Basterds”), Greta Scarano (“In Treatment”), Tcheky Karyo (“The Patriot”, “The Core”, “The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc”) and many more in this 8-hour suspense-packed crime thriller set in the Middle Ages.
The Euro 26 million budget series is based on Umberto Eco’s highly acclaimed award-winning bestseller, which was first published in 1980 and sold more than 50 million copies worldwide.
The story follows Franciscan monk William of Baskerville (John Turturro) and his apprentice Adso (Damian Hardung) who witness a series of murders at a secluded monastery in the Alps. While the pair are investigating, they are hunted by Bernardo Gui (Rupert Everett), a merciless inquisitor who prosecutes those who criticize the Pope. Emerson will star as The Abbot, an ambiguous, greedy, oversensitive and irritable prince of the Abbey.
Emerson is currently recurring in WB’s “Arrow” as well as season 4 of the Golden Globe® Award-winning Amazon Original “Mozart in the Jungle” (premiering February 16th). He was named by Variety as “One of the greatest villains in television history” and held “Lost’s” inexplicable answers close for his five-season tenure on the hit series and won an Emmy® for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series and was a Golden Globe® Nominee for his fan and critic favorite role as 'Benjamin Linus.' Emerson's first Emmy® win came from when he arrived on small screen in the form of serial-killer 'William Hinks' on ABC's "The Practice." Emerson is also known for his starring role on the CBS drama “Person of Interest,” which out delivered every scripted program on every other network during its run on the air.
The screenplay was written by Andrea Porporati (“Il dolce e l’amaro”, “La Piovra”), Emmy Award® winner Nigel Williams and by award-winning Italian filmmaker Giacomo Battiato (“L’infiltré”, “Karol: A Man Who Became Pope”), who also directs the series. The award winning John Conroy (“Luther”, “Penny Dreadful”) is director of photography. Costume Designer is Academy Award® nominee Maurizio Millenotti (“The Passion of the Christ”) and Production Designer is Emmy Award® nominee Francesco Frigeri (“The Legend of 1900”).
Diavoli: la nuova serie co-prodotta da Lux Vide e Sky Italia
International series hit “Babylon Berlin” goes into 3rd season
Netflix has signed first-look deal with Spanish broadcaster Atresmedia
Televisa takes two scripted formats from Keshet International
Keshet Productions UK bolsters development team with new hires
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more