Michael Emerson joins cast of major event series THE NAME OF THE ROSE
Scripted Format | Munich | 07/02/2018
Two time Emmy Award® winning actor Michael Emerson (“Person of Interest,” “Lost”) has been cast in the major event series THE NAME OF THE ROSE, produced by TMG, 11 Marzo Film and Palomar in association with RAI Fiction, that is currently shooting in Rome (Italy). Emerson joins Emmy Award® Winner and Golden Globe® nominee John Turturro (“The Night Of”), Golden Globe® nominee Rupert Everett (“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”), Damian Hardung (“Red Band Society”), International Emmy Award® nominee Sebastian Koch (“Homeland”), James Cosmo (“Game of Thrones”), Richard Sammel (“Inglourious Basterds”), Greta Scarano (“In Treatment”), Tcheky Karyo (“The Patriot”, “The Core”, “The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc”) and many more in this 8-hour suspense-packed crime thriller set in the Middle Ages.
The Euro 26 million budget series is based on Umberto Eco’s highly acclaimed award-winning bestseller, which was first published in 1980 and sold more than 50 million copies worldwide.
The story follows Franciscan monk William of Baskerville (John Turturro) and his apprentice Adso (Damian Hardung) who witness a series of murders at a secluded monastery in the Alps. While the pair are investigating, they are hunted by Bernardo Gui (Rupert Everett), a merciless inquisitor who prosecutes those who criticize the Pope. Emerson will star as The Abbot, an ambiguous, greedy, oversensitive and irritable prince of the Abbey.
Emerson is currently recurring in WB’s “Arrow” as well as season 4 of the Golden Globe® Award-winning Amazon Original “Mozart in the Jungle” (premiering February 16th). He was named by Variety as “One of the greatest villains in television history” and held “Lost’s” inexplicable answers close for his five-season tenure on the hit series and won an Emmy® for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series and was a Golden Globe® Nominee for his fan and critic favorite role as 'Benjamin Linus.' Emerson's first Emmy® win came from when he arrived on small screen in the form of serial-killer 'William Hinks' on ABC's "The Practice." Emerson is also known for his starring role on the CBS drama “Person of Interest,” which out delivered every scripted program on every other network during its run on the air.
The screenplay was written by Andrea Porporati (“Il dolce e l’amaro”, “La Piovra”), Emmy Award® winner Nigel Williams and by award-winning Italian filmmaker Giacomo Battiato (“L’infiltré”, “Karol: A Man Who Became Pope”), who also directs the series. The award winning John Conroy (“Luther”, “Penny Dreadful”) is director of photography. Costume Designer is Academy Award® nominee Maurizio Millenotti (“The Passion of the Christ”) and Production Designer is Emmy Award® nominee Francesco Frigeri (“The Legend of 1900”).
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more