The Story Lab has reached a deal for a Chinese version of Game of Clones
Format | China | 06/02/2018
The Story Lab has reached a deal with China’s 3C Media for youngest Media and 3C to co-produce Game of Clones for the Chinese market.
The agreement will see the creation of 12 75-minute episodes for broadcast in 2018. The British dating reality show features a singleton looking for love and using the latest avatar technology to design their perfect partner. The singleton moves into a luxury house to live with their perfect ‘clones’ and has just one week to find out who their perfect match is.
Game of Clones was created and produced by youngest Media and originally commissioned in the U.K. by Channel 4-owned digital channel E4. The Story Lab has licensed the format in France (NRJ12) and Germany (RTL2).
Luci Sanan, format director at The Story Lab, commented: “We are thrilled to be continuing our journey around the world with Game of Clones. Sales are coming in not only from Europe but also the APAC region, proving that broadcasters believe that Game of Clones is going to be a hit with audiences around the world.”
Lucas Church, co-founder of youngest Media, said: “We’re very excited to be partnering with 3C Media and making this our first co-production in China. I hope we can prove that love is a universal language!”
Shirley Cheng, the senior VP of 3C Media, commented: “3C has well-established networks in China. We have sharp insight of this complex and fast-changing market in China. We are delighted to be partnering with youngest Media and The Story Lab to bring such a top-class reality concept to Chinese audiences.”
Debutto col botto per Vuoi Scommettere? Su Canale 5 in prima serata
Magnus Kastner has been appointed as CEO at Endemol Shine Germany
Su Canale5 arriva il game show Vuoi Scommettere? con la Hunziker.
Global Agency format The Legend will premiere in Brasil
Telemundo commissions La Voz (The Voice) for 2019
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more