Eccho Rights has inked a deal for Korea’s Secret Affair
Scripted Format | Korea | 02/02/2018
Eccho Rights has inked a deal with JTBC in Korea to represent the format rights for the award-winning drama series Secret Affair.
Secret Affair tells the story of a forbidden love between a well-to-do woman in her 40s and a much younger man who possesses prodigious musical talent. The original series aired in 2014 on JTBC, scoring record-breaking ratings for the channel.
“We are very proud of this script and judging by Eccho Rights’ track record in creating excellent remakes with independent producers, we are looking forward to see it continue to travel in new markets,” said Paul Chong, director of emerging markets at JTBC.
“Secret Affair is a format we are delighted to add to our line up as it has such strong international potential,” added Deborah Youn, distribution and business development executive at Eccho Rights’ Seoul office. “The love story is beautiful and tragic in equal measure, while the well-known classical music at the core of this couple’s story will be an excellent hook for audiences all over the world.”
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more