Eccho Rights has inked a deal for Korea’s Secret Affair
Scripted Format | Korea | 02/02/2018
Eccho Rights has inked a deal with JTBC in Korea to represent the format rights for the award-winning drama series Secret Affair.
Secret Affair tells the story of a forbidden love between a well-to-do woman in her 40s and a much younger man who possesses prodigious musical talent. The original series aired in 2014 on JTBC, scoring record-breaking ratings for the channel.
“We are very proud of this script and judging by Eccho Rights’ track record in creating excellent remakes with independent producers, we are looking forward to see it continue to travel in new markets,” said Paul Chong, director of emerging markets at JTBC.
“Secret Affair is a format we are delighted to add to our line up as it has such strong international potential,” added Deborah Youn, distribution and business development executive at Eccho Rights’ Seoul office. “The love story is beautiful and tragic in equal measure, while the well-known classical music at the core of this couple’s story will be an excellent hook for audiences all over the world.”
When Heroes Fly new drama series launched by Keshet Int is a hit
Morandi gira la seconda stagione dell'Isola di Pietro 2
Turkish drama Mrs Fazilet and her daugthers continue to attract viewers in Chile
Inter Medya announces new deals for the drama series THE PIT (ÇUKUR)
New drama sereies Il Capitano Maria won the slot with 7 million viewers
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more