Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes
Tv Events | Paris | 31/01/2018
MIPTV and CANNESERIES today announce that In Development, the 2-day Cannes Drama Creative Forum dedicated to fast-tracking drama series production, has received 344 projects from producers and screenwriters across 46 countries.
An international jury* of drama experts will now select 12 projects from producers and screenwriters that will be presented to potential development partners during In Development. This selection will be announced early March.
In Development is co-organised by MIPTV and CANNESERIES – the Cannes International Series Festival - and takes place alongside the two events. The forum will provide the opportunity for screenwriters and producers to pitch, connect and greenlight new drama productions at an international level, with facilitated access to a full range of international decision-makers and financing partners, including commissioning editors and distributors.
“The large number of entries from so many countries reflects the huge amount of international creative talent within the dynamic drama sector. The In Development pre-selection jury has started reading through the first proposals and feedback is that the quality of the projects is extremely high,” commented Laurine Garaude, Director of Reed MIDEM’s Television Division.
“Together, MIPTV and CANNESERIES are committed to providing a forum that supports all those companies developing drama projects for the international market. In the coming years, it would be wonderful to see a project that started at In Development being presented at MIPTV and then being part of the Official Competition at CANNESERIES,” she added.
“In Development is an essential element of the partnership between CANNESERIES and MIPTV. CANNESERIES, the Cannes International Series Festival, will showcase the best in international series both to series’ fans, festival-goers, and to industry professionals. In Development underlines our commitment to taking an active role in helping individuals and companies develop drama projects. The response to this new forum confirms the international interest in an event that supports projects right from the start of their production cycle,” commented Benoît Louvet, Managing Director of CANNESERIES.
Among the world’s leading drama-producing territories, the United States, Canada, France, Russia, Spain, the UK, Germany and Argentina are the most represented countries (in that order) to have submitted projects for In Development.
Submissions came from all over the world with projects originating from as far afield as Israel, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Kenya, Nigeria, Zimbabwe and Togo, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Argentina, Australia and New Zealand.
As well as winning the opportunity to pitch a project to a high-level professional audience, the selected projects may be eligible for development funding from In Development’s Official Partners:
- Leading independent European producer, Federation Entertainment (“The Bureau”), will propose to co-develop, co-produce and distribute one of the selected projects.
- French think tank “La Fabrique des Formats” and its investment fund will offer financing for up to two series from the selection backed by a French producer or co-producer.
All of the producers and screenwriters who pitched projects will be able to register for In Development where they will have access to key decision-makers and potential partners, and will benefit from matchmaking and mentoring opportunities as well as a rich programme of panels and keynotes. They will also get the chance to attend the CANNESERIES Official Competition Screenings.
*The In Development Selection Jury will be composed of members of the event’s Advisory Board:
. Rola Bauer, Managing Director, StudioCanal TV
. Ozge Bulut Marasli, CEO, Kanal D & Production Companies
. Tara Cook, Development Producer, Carnival Films
. Ben Donald, Executive Producer, International Drama, BBC Worldwide
. Serge Hayat, Financier, Cinemage & Capucines Investment Funds
. Claire Lemaréchal, Screenwriter, A Very Secret Service, Desperate Parents, Sagan
. Stephen Mowbray, Head of SVT International (Acquisitions & Sales), Sveriges Television
. Erik Pack , Head of International Distribution & Co-production, Platform One Media
. Vanessa Shapiro, President, WW TV Distribution & Co-Production, Gaumont Television
. Christian Wikander, Director Co Financing, Twelve Town
CANNESERIES takes place alongside MIPTV and In Development as part of the biggest week in television.
- Milano - 20/05/2018 Head to head between Rai1 and Canale5.: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 closed with 3.9m viewers (24.7%) while Amici on Canale5 achieved 4.1m viewers (23%). read more
- Milano - 18/05/2018 Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 debuts with over 4m viewers: The show is the Italian adaptation of ZDF format "Wanna Bet?", locally produced by Magnolia. read more
- Milano - 17/05/2018 Rai1 miniseries Il Confine closed with 3.7m viewers: Rai2 premiered new musical game show Scanzonissima with 1.2m viewers read more
- Milan - 17/05/2018 Focus is the new digital channel launched by Mediaset: The debut with 3 premieres: documentaries and culture is the leit-motive read more
- Rome - 16/05/2018 Rai 2 premieres Scanzonissima based on Sing if you can: The show is produced by Non Panic and distributed by Zodiak read more
- Milano - 16/05/2018 Grande Fratello 15 (Canale5) leader of pt slot with 4.2m viewers: Rai1 miniseries Il Confine achieved 3.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more