Prison Playbook drama ended with an average rate of 11.2% in Korea
Scripted Format | Seul | 23/01/2018
Asia’s leading content and media company CJ E&M’s weekly drama Prison Playbook ended its two month journey with an average viewership rate of 11.2% for its final episode and a peak of 13.2% (Nielsen Korea).
Directed by producing director Shin Won Ho, known for his hit ‘Reply’ series, ‘Prison Playbook’ depicts the life of a baseball star as he tries to adjust to his new life in prison after given a one-year sentence just before he heads off to the U.S. major leagues. The black comedy was not only well received due to its originality, but also due to its zesty humor, endearing characters and scene-stealers, and engaging narrative. The first episode started off with an average viewership rate of 4.6%, but quickly generated steady momentum throughout the season, and nearly tripled its ratings by recording 11.2% in the final episode.
The next batter on channel tvN’s lineup is ‘Mother’, staring popular Korean actress Lee Bo-Young. The drama follows the story of an elementary school teacher who quickly becomes attached to her 8 year-old student that has been physically abused. The two skip town and embark on a risky journey pretending to be mother and child.
Highly anticipated to continue to successful track paved by ‘Prison Playbook’, ‘Mother’ premieres on CJ E&M’s flagship channel tvN starting from January 24th, 21:30 (K.S.T.)
Diavoli: la nuova serie co-prodotta da Lux Vide e Sky Italia
International series hit “Babylon Berlin” goes into 3rd season
Netflix has signed first-look deal with Spanish broadcaster Atresmedia
Televisa takes two scripted formats from Keshet International
Keshet Productions UK bolsters development team with new hires
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more