Latin America drama deals for Kew Media Group
Scripted Format | Milano | 17/01/2018
Kew Media Group has signed a raft of new agreements across Latin America, with sales totaling more than 350 hours.
A deal with Grey Juice Lab includes broadcast rights in Chile, Argentina and the Dominican Republic for 165 hours of drama content. Titles in the package include three seasons of the police drama 19-2 and seven seasons of the family drama Heartland. Also included are four seasons of the drama thriller Line of Duty and two seasons of the period crime thriller The Bletchley Circle.
A pan-regional deal DirecTV covers the psychological thriller Slasher: Guilty Party, as well as The Secret Agent. AMC picked up seven films for pan-Latin America, including Anti-Social, Hick and The Day. Also part of the AMC deal are The Baker, Hardball and Coffin Rock.
Heartland was licensed by Imagen TV in Mexico, while City TV in Colombia acquired more than 100 episodes of the classic drama Highway To Heaven.
Alfonso Lopez, sales manager for distribution at Kew Media Group, commented, “This significant lineup of new deals is a perfect example of the ongoing popularity of prime-time drama content across Latin America. With a proliferation of local and pan-regional channels and platforms, the opportunities to deliver drama to Latin American viewers are greater than ever before, whether it’s a single feature or a long-running, channel-defining series. We’ve secured a diverse selection of great new content to debut at NATPE which we expect to be in strong demand from regional buyers.”
Diavoli: la nuova serie co-prodotta da Lux Vide e Sky Italia
International series hit “Babylon Berlin” goes into 3rd season
Netflix has signed first-look deal with Spanish broadcaster Atresmedia
Televisa takes two scripted formats from Keshet International
Keshet Productions UK bolsters development team with new hires
- Milano - 13/08/2018 Shooting starts for Italian remake of Liar: The original series was aired in Italy on NOVE read more
- Milan - 02/08/2018 Canale 5 Reality Temptation Island got 4 million viewers for the FINALE!: The last episode achieved a very good audience share of 25.5% read more
- Milan - 31/07/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island beats any rivals in primetime: Another success for the dating show most popular of the Italian Summer read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Canale5 docu-reality Temptation Island won pt slot with 3.8m viewers: On Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/07/2018 Big debut for The Good Doctor on Rai1 - 5.2m viewers: The series is based on korean series Good Doctor broadcasted by KBS2 in 2013 read more
- Milano - 10/07/2018 Canale5 premiered Temptation Island 5 and won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: Rai1 drama series Tutto può succedere 3 recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more
- Budapest - 27/06/2018 NATPE Budapest: and the winner is...In the Dark: Pitch & Play was held today at the Intercontinental in Budapest read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more