Latin America drama deals for Kew Media Group
Scripted Format | Milano | 17/01/2018
Kew Media Group has signed a raft of new agreements across Latin America, with sales totaling more than 350 hours.
A deal with Grey Juice Lab includes broadcast rights in Chile, Argentina and the Dominican Republic for 165 hours of drama content. Titles in the package include three seasons of the police drama 19-2 and seven seasons of the family drama Heartland. Also included are four seasons of the drama thriller Line of Duty and two seasons of the period crime thriller The Bletchley Circle.
A pan-regional deal DirecTV covers the psychological thriller Slasher: Guilty Party, as well as The Secret Agent. AMC picked up seven films for pan-Latin America, including Anti-Social, Hick and The Day. Also part of the AMC deal are The Baker, Hardball and Coffin Rock.
Heartland was licensed by Imagen TV in Mexico, while City TV in Colombia acquired more than 100 episodes of the classic drama Highway To Heaven.
Alfonso Lopez, sales manager for distribution at Kew Media Group, commented, “This significant lineup of new deals is a perfect example of the ongoing popularity of prime-time drama content across Latin America. With a proliferation of local and pan-regional channels and platforms, the opportunities to deliver drama to Latin American viewers are greater than ever before, whether it’s a single feature or a long-running, channel-defining series. We’ve secured a diverse selection of great new content to debut at NATPE which we expect to be in strong demand from regional buyers.”
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more