ZDF and Tuvalu will co-produce supernatural female-inspired drama One Bad Apple
Scripted Format | Milano | 11/01/2018
ZDF Enterprises will co-produce and distribute supernatural female-inspired drama One Bad Apple with Tuvalu Entertainment Ltd. and Paul Johnson Executive Producing, it was announced today. Created and developed by Tuvalu Entertainment Ltd., One Bad Apple is a series written by father-daughter team Gavin Scott and Rebecca Scott, whose credits include The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles for George Lucas, Small Soldiers for Steven Spielberg and Rebecca’s writing, directing and production design for Blood Relatives and Murder Among Friends for the Discovery Channel.
One Bad Apple is a returning series about what happens when the Devil’s daughter is enrolled in a respectable English boarding school and proceeds to take over not just the school but also the local town and the surrounding countryside.
With only a plucky scholarship girl who works in the school kitchens to oppose her. Mercy Emerson is the spoilt teenage child of Gwyneth Emerson, world famous for her lifestyle advice website. But unknown to everyone except her mother, Mercy’s father is none other than Satan himself, conceived at a Black Mass when Gwyneth was a student.
And the reason the Devil has ensured Mercy’s enrollment at Staunton School? It’s near the burial place of The Holy Grail, the powerful artifact hidden ages ago, after Satan’s last defeat, to prevent him from ever returning to Earth. Mercy’s job is to find it and destroy it so her Father can come back in all his glory.
Robert Franke, VP ZDFE.drama for ZDF Enterprises: “One Bad Apple is, first of all, a great story. Gavin and Rebecca Scott formed the prefect team together with Paul Johnson and, working jointly during the last year, they have made it a great hit in waiting. We are very proud of the enormous potential of this rare female-inspired drama and were very pleased by the positive feedback from channels at our premiere private screening of One Bad Apple at Content London late 2017”.
Paul Johnson, for Tuvalu Entertainment Ltd., added: “We are thrilled to be working with Robert and the whole ZDF Enterprises team who are brilliant and so supportive. But more importantly, we are honoured to have developed this wonderfully strong female drama series with some of the best writers in the industry today, Gavin and Rebecca Scott. One Bad Apple is best described as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Clueless meets Riverdale and The Omen wrapped around Indiana Jones. It introduces Mercy as the female equivalent of Darth Vader. Sci-Fi shows just seem to find a large audience fast and we think One Bad Apple might do the same thing.”
Writers Gavin and Rebecca Scott said: “One Bad Apple is one of the most exciting television projects we have been involved with. We believe its combination of drama, satire, big ideas and supernatural adventure is what audiences worldwide have been seeking for a long time. To say nothing of the story's outrageous high-spirited fun!”
Debutta la serie Skam Italia ed è subito trend topic sui social
Inter Medya announces further sales for Kazakhstan
Spike dedica il mese di marzo alle fiction dedicate ai poliziotti
Nordic movie U - July 22 sold in many territories across Europe
A successful pre-launch for Inter Medya’s THE PIT in Dubai
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more