MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick
Tv Events | Paris | 11/01/2018
The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018.
As part of MIPTV’s overall “Creators in Demand” theme, Henick’s keynote will outline how the current landscape is about creativity and sourcing good ideas to make compelling content. Platforms and media are seeking ways to go into long-form quality content, and BuzzFeed is really owning this space, amplifying its original digital news and entertainment activity.
In his role as head of Los Angeles-based BuzzFeed Studios, Henick helps construct show and talent models for growing the entertainment company made up of full-time multi-hyphenate creators. He also extends BuzzFeed’s talent pool and intellectual property to external productions, working with his team to find BuzzFeed content for ideas that could be turned into external development projects for TV series or feature-length films. Prior to joining BuzzFeed, Henick had spells working for comedy writer-producer Judd Apatow and for Pop Up Video, and has consulted for several media startups in Los Angeles.
“This year’s Creators in Demand central theme underlines the need to discover new voices and the next generation of showrunners. In a world where all channels and platforms want to super-serve their fans, the unprecedented demand for new shows is generating new opportunities for creator-driven stories. At the same time, rocketing budgets need ground-breaking new financing models, meaning it is all about finding genuine partners to help create great stories and great brands. Regardless of the content genre and the size of the screens, creators and talent have become the most valuable resource,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Television at Reed MIDEM, which organises MIPTV.
With the launch of the inaugural gold-standard international series festival CANNESERIES, alongside MIPTV and the new Cannes Drama Creative Forum, In Development, taking place on April 10 and 11, MIPTV will be the biggest week in TV. Combined MIPTV, CANNESERIES and In Development will fast-track new drama productions at an international level.
Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom
MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour
Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes
President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior
TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom
- Milano - 21/09/2018 Rai1 series Non dirlo al mio capo 2 won pt slot with 4.5m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of Pechino Express with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/09/2018 Rai 1 Real Madrid-Rome match conquers 4.2 million viewers : Canale 5 broadcast a comedy movie with 2.4 million viewers read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Canale 5 reality show Temptation Island vip recorded 3.4 million viewers: The first episode broadcast on Tuesday September 18 got a very good result read more
- Rome - 19/09/2018 Patricio Teubal is the new GM at A+E Networks Italy: The manager was founder and CEO of Cucu Sports&Entertainment read more
- Rome - 18/09/2018 Rai1 drama La Vita Promessa still leader in prime time with 5 million viewers: The series featuring actress Luisa Ranieri is achivieng a big result read more
- Milano - 17/09/2018 Rai1 premiered new drama series La vita promessa that won pt slot with 4.9m viewers: Canale5 final episode of musical event Wind Summer Festival recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Paris - 18/09/2018 Colman Domingo and CEO Josh Sapan together for a keynote at Mipcom: The event to be held in Cannes on 16th October in the Grand Auditorium read more
- Paris - 11/09/2018 MIPCOM today announces that China will be its 2018 Country of Honour: The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15-18 October. read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 President of DreamWorks Animation Margie Cohn to keynote at MipJunior: The big event to be held in Cannes on 13 and 14 October 2018 read more
- Paris - 10/09/2018 Russian drama Trigger to premiere at the Pre-Opening TV in Cannes: The event to be held in Cannes on Sunday, October 14 at 6.30pm read more
- Paris - 29/08/2018 TV Kids series Moon and Me to debut in Cannes at Mipcom: The brand co-created by Andrew Davenport read more
- Singapore - 18/07/2018 Saff Project Market: Where film concepts go to become reality: Call for project submission opens 2 July 2018 read more