MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick
Tv Events | Paris | 11/01/2018
The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018.
As part of MIPTV’s overall “Creators in Demand” theme, Henick’s keynote will outline how the current landscape is about creativity and sourcing good ideas to make compelling content. Platforms and media are seeking ways to go into long-form quality content, and BuzzFeed is really owning this space, amplifying its original digital news and entertainment activity.
In his role as head of Los Angeles-based BuzzFeed Studios, Henick helps construct show and talent models for growing the entertainment company made up of full-time multi-hyphenate creators. He also extends BuzzFeed’s talent pool and intellectual property to external productions, working with his team to find BuzzFeed content for ideas that could be turned into external development projects for TV series or feature-length films. Prior to joining BuzzFeed, Henick had spells working for comedy writer-producer Judd Apatow and for Pop Up Video, and has consulted for several media startups in Los Angeles.
“This year’s Creators in Demand central theme underlines the need to discover new voices and the next generation of showrunners. In a world where all channels and platforms want to super-serve their fans, the unprecedented demand for new shows is generating new opportunities for creator-driven stories. At the same time, rocketing budgets need ground-breaking new financing models, meaning it is all about finding genuine partners to help create great stories and great brands. Regardless of the content genre and the size of the screens, creators and talent have become the most valuable resource,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Television at Reed MIDEM, which organises MIPTV.
With the launch of the inaugural gold-standard international series festival CANNESERIES, alongside MIPTV and the new Cannes Drama Creative Forum, In Development, taking place on April 10 and 11, MIPTV will be the biggest week in TV. Combined MIPTV, CANNESERIES and In Development will fast-track new drama productions at an international level.
Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination
Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018
Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions
China's Alibaba/Youku President to keynote at Miptv
Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more