Fremantle Media acquires Japanese a TV Asahi format Vs Kids
Format | London | 01/12/2017
FremantleMedia has acquired the format rights to entertainment series Vs Kids from TV Asahi in Japan. Vs Kids pits former professionals against new generation stars, both champions in their respective categories, as they compete to see who will be the ultimate champion.
When an ex-pro is pitted against a current young star of the same field in a serious match, real international competition rules apply. There are no advantages given to the kid champions nor handicaps to the pros, as professional commentators give live play by play commentaries of the competition.
Vs Kids originally launched in a late evening slot in October 2016 and proved to be an instant hit. The series was then immediately promoted to primetime in the autumn and continues to attract huge ratings, while expanding into both academic and game categories.
Vasha Wallace, EVP, Global Acquisitions and Development, said: “It's an exciting and timely for a show like Vs Kids. This feel-good multi-generational format has a universal appeal. The series has done incredibly well in Japan on TV Asahi, both in terms of ratings and reception. The former professionals are thrilled to pass the torch to the new generation, while the young champions are keen to prove themselves to their predecessors.”
Yuka Kakui, Head of Format Development and Sales, TV Asahi, said: “We are very excited to be working with FremantleMedia on this format, which has great potential to be widely appreciated by a global audience. The show has received much acclaim and continues to be a stellar and unique program in our primetime. As Japan prepares for next summer’s Olympic Games, we are thrilled that many young and uprising champions will be given a stage and look forward to many countries seeing the talent and enthusiasm of former champions.”
Twofour Rights lined up Dutch & German treatments for A Night with My Ex
Arriva su Italia Uno 90 Special, il nuovo show che celebra i mitici anni '90
Torna su SkyUno Alessandro Borghese - 4 Ristoranti con 10 nuovi episodi
Fabrizio Salini nuovo direttore generale di Stand By Me
In arrivo su TV8 la seconda stagione di Cuochi d'Italia con lo chef Borghese
- Milano - 16/01/2018 Rai1 drama series Romanzo Famigliare won pt slot with 5.2m viewers : Canale5 achieved 4.7m viewers with Italian movie Perfetti Sconosciuti read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Mediaset Distribution joins #NATPE2018 today in Miami: The group offers a unique catalogue of over 500 titles read more
- Milano - 15/01/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with almost 5m viewers: Canale5 premiered the series of TV movies Liberi Sognatori read more
- Milano - 14/01/2018 Canale5 emotainment show C'è posta per te leader of pt slot with 5.6m viewers: The show is hosted by Maria De Filippi and produced by Fascino PGT. read more
- Milano - 12/01/2018 Big debut for new season of Don Matteo 11 - 7.6m viewers: Rai2 premiered docu-reality Le Spose di Costantino with 928.000 read more
- Milano - 11/01/2018 Rai1 documentary Meraviglie continues strong with 5.6m viewers: Sacrificio d'amore on Canale5 closed with 2.2m viewers read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more
- London - 26/11/2017 Content London a three days event focused on drama: More than 1200 TV Industrie's professionals will come from all the world read more
- Singapore - 23/11/2017 Singapore Media Festival opens with a thriller premiere Angels wear white: The evnet will be held in Los Angeles tonight read more