ESG announces new production system built on the Microsoft cloud
Format | Amsterdam | 30/11/2017
Global producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group today announced an agreement with Microsoft to introduce an innovative new cloud-based production workflow system, built on Microsoft Azure, which has already been trialled with reality juggernaut Big Brother.
The two companies are collaborating on a new production system and cloud service, utilising the latest cloud technology, analytics, APIs and biometrics, to develop advanced workflow applications and consumer facing apps.
The new technology and apps have already been successfully tested in the Spanish hub of Endemol Shine Group’s hit format Big Brother, and have the potential to be rolled-out to multiple markets and be integrated into the production of a number of Endemol Shine Group’s global formats.
Lisa Perrin, CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group says; “Adopting this ground-breaking technology will completely revolutionise the way we produce our global formats and opens up an unprecedented level of creative freedom. This is the first of many innovations we are working on that will optimise our productions around the world, giving our audiences across multiple platforms a much richer experience.”
Tony Emerson, Managing Director for Media Worldwide at Microsoft says; “Television has always been at the forefront of innovation and the industry is very quick to embrace fresh technology. This new way of working will transform the viewer experience for Endemol Shine Group’s programmes and with their global footprint they are ideally suited to pioneering this new product.”
The workflow app will improve efficiency in production processes, facilitating web based delivery of content via the cloud, providing an innovative way to enhance team collaboration and workflow. Filming can be controlled and content can be edited remotely, streamlining the delivery of fast turnaround programming. Consumer apps with editing capabilities and access to information such as biometrics, have the ability to empower viewers like never before, giving them the opportunity not just to watch, but interrupt.
Endemol Shine Group is the world’s largest independent producer and traveller of formats with 43 being adapted outside their own market in last year. Global hits include many non-scripted formats such as MasterChef, Big Brother, Your Face Sounds Familiar, Fear Factor and Hunted. In 2016 Endemol Shine Group produced more than 800 productions, in 76 territories airing on 295 channels around the world.
Twofour Rights lined up Dutch & German treatments for A Night with My Ex
Arriva su Italia Uno 90 Special, il nuovo show che celebra i mitici anni '90
Torna su SkyUno Alessandro Borghese - 4 Ristoranti con 10 nuovi episodi
Fabrizio Salini nuovo direttore generale di Stand By Me
In arrivo su TV8 la seconda stagione di Cuochi d'Italia con lo chef Borghese
- Milano - 16/01/2018 Rai1 drama series Romanzo Famigliare won pt slot with 5.2m viewers : Canale5 achieved 4.7m viewers with Italian movie Perfetti Sconosciuti read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Mediaset Distribution joins #NATPE2018 today in Miami: The group offers a unique catalogue of over 500 titles read more
- Milano - 15/01/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with almost 5m viewers: Canale5 premiered the series of TV movies Liberi Sognatori read more
- Milano - 14/01/2018 Canale5 emotainment show C'è posta per te leader of pt slot with 5.6m viewers: The show is hosted by Maria De Filippi and produced by Fascino PGT. read more
- Milano - 12/01/2018 Big debut for new season of Don Matteo 11 - 7.6m viewers: Rai2 premiered docu-reality Le Spose di Costantino with 928.000 read more
- Milano - 11/01/2018 Rai1 documentary Meraviglie continues strong with 5.6m viewers: Sacrificio d'amore on Canale5 closed with 2.2m viewers read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more
- London - 26/11/2017 Content London a three days event focused on drama: More than 1200 TV Industrie's professionals will come from all the world read more
- Singapore - 23/11/2017 Singapore Media Festival opens with a thriller premiere Angels wear white: The evnet will be held in Los Angeles tonight read more