ESG announces new production system built on the Microsoft cloud
Format | Amsterdam | 30/11/2017
Global producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group today announced an agreement with Microsoft to introduce an innovative new cloud-based production workflow system, built on Microsoft Azure, which has already been trialled with reality juggernaut Big Brother.
The two companies are collaborating on a new production system and cloud service, utilising the latest cloud technology, analytics, APIs and biometrics, to develop advanced workflow applications and consumer facing apps.
The new technology and apps have already been successfully tested in the Spanish hub of Endemol Shine Group’s hit format Big Brother, and have the potential to be rolled-out to multiple markets and be integrated into the production of a number of Endemol Shine Group’s global formats.
Lisa Perrin, CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group says; “Adopting this ground-breaking technology will completely revolutionise the way we produce our global formats and opens up an unprecedented level of creative freedom. This is the first of many innovations we are working on that will optimise our productions around the world, giving our audiences across multiple platforms a much richer experience.”
Tony Emerson, Managing Director for Media Worldwide at Microsoft says; “Television has always been at the forefront of innovation and the industry is very quick to embrace fresh technology. This new way of working will transform the viewer experience for Endemol Shine Group’s programmes and with their global footprint they are ideally suited to pioneering this new product.”
The workflow app will improve efficiency in production processes, facilitating web based delivery of content via the cloud, providing an innovative way to enhance team collaboration and workflow. Filming can be controlled and content can be edited remotely, streamlining the delivery of fast turnaround programming. Consumer apps with editing capabilities and access to information such as biometrics, have the ability to empower viewers like never before, giving them the opportunity not just to watch, but interrupt.
Endemol Shine Group is the world’s largest independent producer and traveller of formats with 43 being adapted outside their own market in last year. Global hits include many non-scripted formats such as MasterChef, Big Brother, Your Face Sounds Familiar, Fear Factor and Hunted. In 2016 Endemol Shine Group produced more than 800 productions, in 76 territories airing on 295 channels around the world.
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more