Hit format Over The Atlantic sets its sails to various territories in Europe
Format | Finland | 29/11/2017
After a successful launch at the MIPCOM TV Festival in Cannes, the Rabbit Films original format Over the Atlantic has found homes in various countries, including the Nordics as well as France and the Netherlands.
Coyote France, Zodiak Netherlands, Strong Denmark (part of Nice Entertainment Group), and a major commercial broadcaster in Sweden and Norway, have all picked up the rights to this adventure reality series. Additionally, there are ongoing negotiations in several territories.
In Over the Atlantic, celebrities with no sailing experience are given a once in a lifetime challenge to sail across the Atlantic Ocean. Week after week they learn how to sail, how to work as a team and how to fight the harsh ocean.
Earlier this autumn, the original Finnish version became the highest rated show of all time on Discovery Networks Finland’s flagship channel TV5. The series reached over 700,000 viewers weekly and quadrupled the average share of viewing of the slot (Sunday 9pm).
”Over the Atlantic has drawn wide attention in the international market and we are sure delighted for this buzz. We are looking forward to see where this unique format will sail in the future.” Jonathan Tuovinen, Head of International, Rabbit Films commented.
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more