ITV Studios Global Entertainment acquires rights to Movistar's Felix
Scripted Format | London | 23/11/2017
ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) has announced that it has acquired the international rights to the brand new Movistar+ drama Felix.
An original production by Movistar+, the romantic thriller is directed by Cesc Gay (Truman, Krampack, In the City) and is due to air in 2018, with ITVS GE taking it to the global market outside of Spain.
Filmed on location in Andorra, Madrid and Barcelona, Felix takes place over ten days, where nothing is what it seems and where everything becomes possible. When the love of Felix's life, Julia, disappears, he is distraught and embarks on a journey where he will make discoveries beyond his imagination. He will risk everything, coming face to face with some of the country's most dangerous criminals, and find out whether he is ready to face the truth of Julia's disappearance.
Julie Meldal-Johnsen, Director of Global Content at ITV Studios Global Entertainment, said: “Our continued aim is to be a truly global distributor with an increasingly international portfolio, and this is another example of how we are implementing our strategy. We are delighted to be working with Movistar and excited that Felix is now part of our diverse drama catalogue.”
Ismael Calleja, Head of Business Affairs, Series and movies original programming, at Movistar+, said: “At Movistar we are concerned about producing high-end local content combining innovative narratives and best-in-class production values in order for it to become international. This approach requires us to work with the best partners, such as ITVS GE, and we are really proud to welcome them to our distributors network. It is a pleasure working with them and we are absolutely sure we will continue collaborating on future projects.”
Debutta la serie Skam Italia ed è subito trend topic sui social
Inter Medya announces further sales for Kazakhstan
Spike dedica il mese di marzo alle fiction dedicate ai poliziotti
Nordic movie U - July 22 sold in many territories across Europe
A successful pre-launch for Inter Medya’s THE PIT in Dubai
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more