MTG Studios presents new Norwegian drama Wisting
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 23/11/2017
The next original series from MTG Studios will be Norwegian crime drama Wisting, which will be one of Norway’s biggest ever drama productions and is supported by the Norwegian Film Institute. Filming starts in January 2018 and the series will premiere exclusively on MTG’s Nordic video streaming service Viaplay and on TV3 across the Nordic region.
Empathetic, meticulous and relentless – the only thing to escape Larvik detective William Wisting in his hunt for Norway’s most notorious criminals is a happy family life. And when two mysterious deaths interrupt Wisting’s Christmas, it is the beginning of a showdown with the deadliest killer of them all.
The series is based on Jørn Lier Horst’s ‘Wisting’ books, which have sold over 1,2 million copies in Norway alone and been translated into 30 languages.
William Wisting is played by leading Norwegian actor Sven Nordin (‘Valkyrien’; the Oscar-nominated ‘Elling’). ‘Wisting’ is created and directed by Katarina Launing (‘Kick It!’) and Trygve Allister Diesen (‘The Third Eye’), written by Trygve Allister Diesen and Kathrine Valen Zeiner (‘Eyewitness’), and produced by Cinenord Drama AS and Denmark’s Good Company Films.
The Norwegian Film Institute is supporting the production with NOK 10.5 million in funding.
Jakob Mejlhede, MTG EVP and Head of Programming and Content Development: “Our ambition is to become the Nordic region’s leading producer of original content, and we’re honoured that our unique storytelling capabilities have been recognized by the Norwegian Film Institute. ‘Occupied’, MTG’s first Norwegian Viaplay original, is already thrilling audiences across the Nordic region, and now we’re creating another incredible series that showcases Norway’s very best creative talents.”
MTG has over 50 original scripted projects in the pipeline. ‘ALEX’; ‘Occupied’; ‘Hassel’; ‘Peppy Pals’; ‘Veni Vidi Vici’; and season one of ‘Swedish Dicks’ have already premiered. Recently commissioned originals include ‘Pro’s and Con’s’; ‘Straight Forward’; ‘Conspiracy of Silence’; ‘Embassy Down’; ‘The Lawyer’; season two of ‘Swedish Dicks’; and MTG’s first Icelandic original ‘Stella Blómkvist’.
MTG’s originals have also been picked up internationally with ‘Veni Vidi Vici’ to premiere on premium US streaming service Hulu in December 2017; season one of ‘Swedish Dicks’ airing on Pop TV in the US; ‘Black Lake’ picked up by BBC Four and AMC Networks-backed Shudder; and ‘Superswede’ acquired for global distribution by IM Global Television.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more