MTG Studios presents new Norwegian drama Wisting
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 23/11/2017
The next original series from MTG Studios will be Norwegian crime drama Wisting, which will be one of Norway’s biggest ever drama productions and is supported by the Norwegian Film Institute. Filming starts in January 2018 and the series will premiere exclusively on MTG’s Nordic video streaming service Viaplay and on TV3 across the Nordic region.
Empathetic, meticulous and relentless – the only thing to escape Larvik detective William Wisting in his hunt for Norway’s most notorious criminals is a happy family life. And when two mysterious deaths interrupt Wisting’s Christmas, it is the beginning of a showdown with the deadliest killer of them all.
The series is based on Jørn Lier Horst’s ‘Wisting’ books, which have sold over 1,2 million copies in Norway alone and been translated into 30 languages.
William Wisting is played by leading Norwegian actor Sven Nordin (‘Valkyrien’; the Oscar-nominated ‘Elling’). ‘Wisting’ is created and directed by Katarina Launing (‘Kick It!’) and Trygve Allister Diesen (‘The Third Eye’), written by Trygve Allister Diesen and Kathrine Valen Zeiner (‘Eyewitness’), and produced by Cinenord Drama AS and Denmark’s Good Company Films.
The Norwegian Film Institute is supporting the production with NOK 10.5 million in funding.
Jakob Mejlhede, MTG EVP and Head of Programming and Content Development: “Our ambition is to become the Nordic region’s leading producer of original content, and we’re honoured that our unique storytelling capabilities have been recognized by the Norwegian Film Institute. ‘Occupied’, MTG’s first Norwegian Viaplay original, is already thrilling audiences across the Nordic region, and now we’re creating another incredible series that showcases Norway’s very best creative talents.”
MTG has over 50 original scripted projects in the pipeline. ‘ALEX’; ‘Occupied’; ‘Hassel’; ‘Peppy Pals’; ‘Veni Vidi Vici’; and season one of ‘Swedish Dicks’ have already premiered. Recently commissioned originals include ‘Pro’s and Con’s’; ‘Straight Forward’; ‘Conspiracy of Silence’; ‘Embassy Down’; ‘The Lawyer’; season two of ‘Swedish Dicks’; and MTG’s first Icelandic original ‘Stella Blómkvist’.
MTG’s originals have also been picked up internationally with ‘Veni Vidi Vici’ to premiere on premium US streaming service Hulu in December 2017; season one of ‘Swedish Dicks’ airing on Pop TV in the US; ‘Black Lake’ picked up by BBC Four and AMC Networks-backed Shudder; and ‘Superswede’ acquired for global distribution by IM Global Television.
Debutta la serie Skam Italia ed è subito trend topic sui social
Inter Medya announces further sales for Kazakhstan
Spike dedica il mese di marzo alle fiction dedicate ai poliziotti
Nordic movie U - July 22 sold in many territories across Europe
A successful pre-launch for Inter Medya’s THE PIT in Dubai
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more