MTG Studios presents new Norwegian drama Wisting
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 23/11/2017
The next original series from MTG Studios will be Norwegian crime drama Wisting, which will be one of Norway’s biggest ever drama productions and is supported by the Norwegian Film Institute. Filming starts in January 2018 and the series will premiere exclusively on MTG’s Nordic video streaming service Viaplay and on TV3 across the Nordic region.
Empathetic, meticulous and relentless – the only thing to escape Larvik detective William Wisting in his hunt for Norway’s most notorious criminals is a happy family life. And when two mysterious deaths interrupt Wisting’s Christmas, it is the beginning of a showdown with the deadliest killer of them all.
The series is based on Jørn Lier Horst’s ‘Wisting’ books, which have sold over 1,2 million copies in Norway alone and been translated into 30 languages.
William Wisting is played by leading Norwegian actor Sven Nordin (‘Valkyrien’; the Oscar-nominated ‘Elling’). ‘Wisting’ is created and directed by Katarina Launing (‘Kick It!’) and Trygve Allister Diesen (‘The Third Eye’), written by Trygve Allister Diesen and Kathrine Valen Zeiner (‘Eyewitness’), and produced by Cinenord Drama AS and Denmark’s Good Company Films.
The Norwegian Film Institute is supporting the production with NOK 10.5 million in funding.
Jakob Mejlhede, MTG EVP and Head of Programming and Content Development: “Our ambition is to become the Nordic region’s leading producer of original content, and we’re honoured that our unique storytelling capabilities have been recognized by the Norwegian Film Institute. ‘Occupied’, MTG’s first Norwegian Viaplay original, is already thrilling audiences across the Nordic region, and now we’re creating another incredible series that showcases Norway’s very best creative talents.”
MTG has over 50 original scripted projects in the pipeline. ‘ALEX’; ‘Occupied’; ‘Hassel’; ‘Peppy Pals’; ‘Veni Vidi Vici’; and season one of ‘Swedish Dicks’ have already premiered. Recently commissioned originals include ‘Pro’s and Con’s’; ‘Straight Forward’; ‘Conspiracy of Silence’; ‘Embassy Down’; ‘The Lawyer’; season two of ‘Swedish Dicks’; and MTG’s first Icelandic original ‘Stella Blómkvist’.
MTG’s originals have also been picked up internationally with ‘Veni Vidi Vici’ to premiere on premium US streaming service Hulu in December 2017; season one of ‘Swedish Dicks’ airing on Pop TV in the US; ‘Black Lake’ picked up by BBC Four and AMC Networks-backed Shudder; and ‘Superswede’ acquired for global distribution by IM Global Television.
ZDF and Tuvalu will co-produce supernatural female-inspired drama One Bad Apple
Global Agency announces deals for EVERMORE in Cee, Creece and Georgia
Inter Medya’s Mrs. Fazilet across the globe with Her Daughters
Inter Medya closes more deals for the top series Endless Love
Arriva su Sky il film su Raffaello-Il Principe delle Arti
- Milano - 16/01/2018 Rai1 drama series Romanzo Famigliare won pt slot with 5.2m viewers : Canale5 achieved 4.7m viewers with Italian movie Perfetti Sconosciuti read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Mediaset Distribution joins #NATPE2018 today in Miami: The group offers a unique catalogue of over 500 titles read more
- Milano - 15/01/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with almost 5m viewers: Canale5 premiered the series of TV movies Liberi Sognatori read more
- Milano - 14/01/2018 Canale5 emotainment show C'è posta per te leader of pt slot with 5.6m viewers: The show is hosted by Maria De Filippi and produced by Fascino PGT. read more
- Milano - 12/01/2018 Big debut for new season of Don Matteo 11 - 7.6m viewers: Rai2 premiered docu-reality Le Spose di Costantino with 928.000 read more
- Milano - 11/01/2018 Rai1 documentary Meraviglie continues strong with 5.6m viewers: Sacrificio d'amore on Canale5 closed with 2.2m viewers read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more
- London - 26/11/2017 Content London a three days event focused on drama: More than 1200 TV Industrie's professionals will come from all the world read more
- Singapore - 23/11/2017 Singapore Media Festival opens with a thriller premiere Angels wear white: The evnet will be held in Los Angeles tonight read more