The US version of The Final Four will premiere in January 2018
Format | USA | 20/11/2017
FOX has revealed the superstar judging panel, which includes Sean “Diddy” Combs, for the singing competition The Four: Battle for Stardom, the U.S. version of Armoza Formats’ The Final Four that is slated to premiere in January 2018.
When The Four: Battle for Stardom debuts on January 4 at 8 p.m., it will feature a judging panel comprised of Grammy Award-winning musician, record producer and songwriter Combs; record-producer DJ Khaled; Grammy-winning recording artist and songwriter Meghan Trainor; and record label executive Charlie Walk.
The six-episode U.S. adaptation will be produced by ITV Entertainment in association with Armoza Formats. David George, Adam Sher, David Ellenberg, Becca Walker, David Friedman, Avi Armoza, Moshiko Cohen and Elwin Viztelly de Groot are executive producers. In addition, Combs is a producer on the series.
Combs commented: “This show is going to disrupt the world of competitive television and will revolutionize the format. It took the right show and network to bring me back in the game. We plan on being the best talent show out there, taking it to that next level and making history again. This series is about pure competition, fighting for your survival. Do you want to win? Do you want to be great? We’re giving fans a genuine look at what it takes to make it to the top and stay there, surrounding these up-and-coming artists, turning them into the next generation of stars.”
DJ Khaled added: “I’m proud to announce that I will be participating in one of the most important, if the most important, events on television and in pop culture. A one-of-a-kind experience that will showcase the best of the new generation of musical geniuses. When you come from where I come from, you know just how hard it is to turn your dreams into a reality. It’s a long road to the journey of success. I’ve spent my career discovering amazing talent and working with the biggest icons from every corner of the globe and now I’m bringing my one-of-a-kind approach to FOX. I immediately jumped at the opportunity when I realized FOX shared the same vision as me and that’s to be the best!!! If you think you have what it takes to become the next icon trust me, DJ Khaled is the one that will let you know. So be prepared for a new era of television. All I know is how to win…more!!! FOX x DJ Khaled…be ready!!!”
Trainor remarked: “When FOX asked me to be a part of this new series, without hesitation, my answer was…YES! I know firsthand what it’s like to be thrown into the music industry head first, as an artist and a songwriter. I also know what it takes to hang on for the ride. I’m so humbled to help discover new talent with this amazing panel of experts.”
Walk said: “What lies at the heart of the music business is ‘talent.’ Driving and developing talent remains the most consistent driver of my home, Republic Records, and now FOX’s The Four: Battle for Stardom. I’m thrilled to be joining this incredible panel of my lifelong friends, Sean, Khaled and Meghan, to help make the difference on a platform that’s truly committed to identifying and breaking the next generation of superstars. We will guide them, advise them and be with them every step of the way on their journey, starting on the most transparent stage in television.”
Rob Wade, the president of alternative entertainment and specials at Fox Broadcasting Company, stated, “Both Diddy and DJ Khaled are giants in the music space. They understand what an artist needs to break through—from killer music and style to innovative marketing and social media. Plus, their gut instincts are uncanny. This is a show like no other and we can’t wait to get started.”
Armoza, the CEO of Armoza Formats, said, “We are proud to be working with the leading broadcasters and musical talents in the American industry. It is exciting to see the support and the engagement behind bringing new ideas to air.”
- Milan - 21/03/2018 Canale 5 adventure show Survivor won the slot with 4.5 million viewers: Rai 1 movie achieved a good audience share of 17.3% read more
- Rome - 18/03/2018 Rai 2 premiered new crime series Il Cacciatore/The Hunter: Based on a bestseller written by Alfonso Sabella read more
- Rome - 16/03/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 still leader with 6.2 million viewers: The format produced by Lux Vide is a big brand for the Italian pubcaster read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 TV 8 launches pastry talent show Best Bakery : The format produced by Endemol Shine international read more
- Milan - 16/03/2018 The 5th edition of the Voice Italy presented today in Milan: During a crowed press conference the launch of the show on Rai 2 next March 22 in prime time read more
- Milan - 15/03/2018 Sky Uno HD presents the 2nd edition of Masterchef Celebrity: The first episode will debut on Thursday March 15 in prime time read more
- Paris - 21/03/2018 Axel Fiacco CEO of Bic Formats is one of the finalists at Formagination : The 5 formats will be pitched during Mipformat in Cannes read more
- Dubrovnik - 19/03/2018 Nem 2018 reveals main topics of panel discussions: NEM 2018, the biggest TV industry gathering in the CEE region, will take place from 11th – 14th of June for the sixth year read more
- Paris - 19/03/2018 Carmila has been chosen as brand content of the year at Miptv 2018: The series will be presented on Wednesday, 11 April during the market read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Call me by your name winner at the Academy Awards 2018: An Italian movie won the prestigious statue read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Oscar Winners 2018: see the full list!: An Italian movie in the list with Call me by your name read more
- Los Angeles - 05/03/2018 Tutti i vincitori della grande serata degli Oscar 2018: Vince Guillermo Del Toro e un premio all'Italia read more