Servant of the People and The In-Laws renewed in Ukraine for new season
Scripted Format | Kiev | 08/09/2017
The second season of Ukrainian political comedy Servant of the People from Kvartal 95 will launch on October 23, 2017. The new season consisting of 24 episodes will be aired on 1+1 TV channel.
The series continues to follow the life of an honest and humble school teacher who unexpectedly for everyone becomes the President of Ukraine. The new season brings new challenges for President’s team. The People's President - Vasiliy Goloborodko continues the fight with the System for a successful and prosperous Ukraine.
Having arrested his enemy - Prime Minister - the President opened ‘Pandora's Box’. An avalanche of new problems hit him and his team. Sabotage of officials, economic cataclysms, strikes, behind-the-scenes intrigues and conspiracies, problems on the international arena - President Goloborodko has to cope with all this in order to stay in the chair. Would he manage? The first season of the popular TV series became a real hit on Ukrainian TV in 2015 and now is already available on Netflix. The series format was acquired by Fox Studios. A spin-off movie ‘Servant of the People 2’ has become one of the box office leaders in Ukraine in 2016.
Kvartal 95 is bringing back the long-awaited The In-Laws Season 7 (16 episodes x 53 min). This warm-hearted series with comedy plot twists about family relations has been a real hit all previous 6 seasons since it started in 2008. In 2012-2017 4 times it was nominated in Monte Carlo Television Festival as the series viewed by the largest audience on five continents, reaching the top three positions in the comedy category along with ‘Desperate Housewives’, ‘Modern Family’ and ‘The Big Bang Theory’. The series 3 times was voted as the best comedy TV Series in Ukraine with highest TV ratings.
Kazakhstan and Estonia already filmed their versions following the purchase of the format. Readymade series was sold to number of countries including Russia, Israel, Bulgaria, Australia, Baltic States, Belarus and Moldova. The main storyline starts from a granddaughter and her grandparents from both sides, with different attitudes towards raising children and develops into funny yet kind story following one big united family with different characters and lifestyles members, over years. And throughout all seasons there lies a conflict between ‘urban’ pair of grandparents on one side and ‘villagers’ grandparents on the other side. The release of the 7th season is planned for 2018.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more