Servant of the People and The In-Laws renewed in Ukraine for new season
Scripted Format | Kiev | 08/09/2017
The second season of Ukrainian political comedy Servant of the People from Kvartal 95 will launch on October 23, 2017. The new season consisting of 24 episodes will be aired on 1+1 TV channel.
The series continues to follow the life of an honest and humble school teacher who unexpectedly for everyone becomes the President of Ukraine. The new season brings new challenges for President’s team. The People's President - Vasiliy Goloborodko continues the fight with the System for a successful and prosperous Ukraine.
Having arrested his enemy - Prime Minister - the President opened ‘Pandora's Box’. An avalanche of new problems hit him and his team. Sabotage of officials, economic cataclysms, strikes, behind-the-scenes intrigues and conspiracies, problems on the international arena - President Goloborodko has to cope with all this in order to stay in the chair. Would he manage? The first season of the popular TV series became a real hit on Ukrainian TV in 2015 and now is already available on Netflix. The series format was acquired by Fox Studios. A spin-off movie ‘Servant of the People 2’ has become one of the box office leaders in Ukraine in 2016.
Kvartal 95 is bringing back the long-awaited The In-Laws Season 7 (16 episodes x 53 min). This warm-hearted series with comedy plot twists about family relations has been a real hit all previous 6 seasons since it started in 2008. In 2012-2017 4 times it was nominated in Monte Carlo Television Festival as the series viewed by the largest audience on five continents, reaching the top three positions in the comedy category along with ‘Desperate Housewives’, ‘Modern Family’ and ‘The Big Bang Theory’. The series 3 times was voted as the best comedy TV Series in Ukraine with highest TV ratings.
Kazakhstan and Estonia already filmed their versions following the purchase of the format. Readymade series was sold to number of countries including Russia, Israel, Bulgaria, Australia, Baltic States, Belarus and Moldova. The main storyline starts from a granddaughter and her grandparents from both sides, with different attitudes towards raising children and develops into funny yet kind story following one big united family with different characters and lifestyles members, over years. And throughout all seasons there lies a conflict between ‘urban’ pair of grandparents on one side and ‘villagers’ grandparents on the other side. The release of the 7th season is planned for 2018.
Endless Love takes an Emmy Home to Turkey at the Emmy Awards in NY
Sky Arte HD presenta il film documentario Rodin-Divino Inferno
Eccho Rights signs up Star India’s latest drama
Canale 5 leader assoluto con la prima puntata di Rosy Abate
Inter Medya presenta una nuova serie Broken Wings al MIPCANCUN
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more