Hat Trick International delivers new Whose Line Is It Anyway? to global audience
Format | London | 12/09/2017
Leading independent distributor Hat Trick International has signed a host of deals for the brand new season of the CW’s Whose Line is it Anyway?, the US adaptation of the acclaimed unscripted comedy show format.
From Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions, the fifth season of Whose Line is it Anyway? made its debut on the CW in the US earlier this year. Hat Trick International has confirmed international acquisitions of this new 12-episode season by M-Net Africa, Comedy Channel Australia, Viacom 18 India and MTG Norway. With 98 episodes now available, the US series has now sold to a total of 104 countries.
The Whose Line is it Anyway? format has now been remade and/or optioned in 13 countries, including Finland (Rabbit Films for MTV3), Holland (BNN-Vara) and Vietnam (Dong Tay Promotion). A 10-episode Australian version also recently launched, executive produced by Kevin Whyte, Guesswork Television, and Craig Campbell, +61 TV exclusively for Foxtel’s Comedy Channel, which Hat Trick International has secured for distribution in the international market.
Sarah Tong, Director of Sales at Hat Trick International, commented, “Whose Line is it Anyway? continues to be a stand-out hit around the world, and I’m very pleased to confirm this roster of new acquisitions as the CW’s adaptation reaches its fifth season. The US version has seen this long-running favourite go from strength to strength, offering broadcasters globally-relevant and utterly hilarious improvised comedy perfect for primetime schedules.”
Inspired by Hat Trick Productions’ original Whose Line is it Anyway? (created and produced by Dan Patterson & Mark Leveson) series for Channel 4, which aired for ten years, the Angst Productions/Hat Trick US version of the unforgettable improvisation show features some of the original as well as brand new games and the best in exciting new comedy talent. Hosted by Aisha Tyler (The Talk, CSI, Friends), the show also stars three long standing favourites, Wayne Brady, Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, as well as new talent and celebrity guests.
Doppio appuntamento con Pechino Express-Verso il Sol Levante su Rai 2
La serie Handmade's Tale trionfa agli Emmy di NY
Sky Arte HD lancia Definizioni d'Autore ogni lunedì alle 21.10
Comedy Central’s Roast Battle set for UK Treatment
Torna il talent show X-Factor prodotto da Fremantle Media Italia
- Milano - 18/09/2017 Rai1 rerun drama series Un passo dal cielo 3 won pt slot with 3m viewers: Canale movie Benvenuti al Nord recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/09/2017 Good debut for Rai1 one woman show 1, 2, 3... Fiorella! that won pt slot with 3.9m: Canale5 entertainment show Ciao Darwin 7 recorded 2.1m viewers read more
- Milano - 16/09/2017 Rai1 musical event Andrea Bocelli Show won pt slot with 3.9m viewers: RealTime cooking talent show Bake Off Italia recorded 945.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 15/09/2017 Rai1 premiered drama series Provaci ancora prof 7! and won pt slot with 4.2m viewers: SkyUno premiered talent show X-Factor with good results - over 1m viewers read more
- Rome - 15/09/2017 Raicom launches season 2017/2018 of All Opera: The offer includes the best Italian season read more
- Milano - 14/09/2017 Rai1 movie Torno indietro e cambio vita won pt slot with 3.3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of adventure game Pechino Express that recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 07/09/2017 Nem announces dates for 2018 and offers free badges for early bird: The Sixth edition will be held in Dubrovnik, Croatia from June 11-14 read more
- New York - 07/08/2017 2017 International Emmy Awards nominees for news & current affair revealed: First Ever Emmy Nomination for Israel’s i24NEWS and First Current Affairs Nomination for Sweden’s SVT read more
- Roma - 24/07/2017 Simona Ercolani riceve il premio al Giffoni per I ragazzi del Bambino Gesù: La serie ritornerà nel 2018 insieme alla pubblicazione del libro read more
- Roma - 19/07/2017 Ecco l'elenco completo del board e del comitato selezione di MIA: Ad essi il compito di scegliere i progetti che saranno presentati al'evento read more
- Roma - 18/07/2017 Presentata la 3a edizione di MIA-Mercato Internazionale Audiovisivo: La manifestazione si svolgerà a Roma dal 19 al 23 ottobre read more
- Budapest - 24/06/2017 Chiusa con successo l'edizione 2017 di Natpe Budapest: Ne abbiamo parlato con il presidente e CEO JP Bommel read more