Hat Trick International delivers new Whose Line Is It Anyway? to global audience
Format | London | 12/09/2017
Leading independent distributor Hat Trick International has signed a host of deals for the brand new season of the CW’s Whose Line is it Anyway?, the US adaptation of the acclaimed unscripted comedy show format.
From Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions, the fifth season of Whose Line is it Anyway? made its debut on the CW in the US earlier this year. Hat Trick International has confirmed international acquisitions of this new 12-episode season by M-Net Africa, Comedy Channel Australia, Viacom 18 India and MTG Norway. With 98 episodes now available, the US series has now sold to a total of 104 countries.
The Whose Line is it Anyway? format has now been remade and/or optioned in 13 countries, including Finland (Rabbit Films for MTV3), Holland (BNN-Vara) and Vietnam (Dong Tay Promotion). A 10-episode Australian version also recently launched, executive produced by Kevin Whyte, Guesswork Television, and Craig Campbell, +61 TV exclusively for Foxtel’s Comedy Channel, which Hat Trick International has secured for distribution in the international market.
Sarah Tong, Director of Sales at Hat Trick International, commented, “Whose Line is it Anyway? continues to be a stand-out hit around the world, and I’m very pleased to confirm this roster of new acquisitions as the CW’s adaptation reaches its fifth season. The US version has seen this long-running favourite go from strength to strength, offering broadcasters globally-relevant and utterly hilarious improvised comedy perfect for primetime schedules.”
Inspired by Hat Trick Productions’ original Whose Line is it Anyway? (created and produced by Dan Patterson & Mark Leveson) series for Channel 4, which aired for ten years, the Angst Productions/Hat Trick US version of the unforgettable improvisation show features some of the original as well as brand new games and the best in exciting new comedy talent. Hosted by Aisha Tyler (The Talk, CSI, Friends), the show also stars three long standing favourites, Wayne Brady, Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, as well as new talent and celebrity guests.
Rai annuncia che il Teatro delle Vittorie sarà intitolato a Bibi Ballandi
Mediaset talent The Bodyguard Dubai travelling to Discop 2018
Global Agency's The Remiz is on Amazon Premium
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
- Milano - 24/02/2018 Rai1 kids talent show Sanremo Young won pt slot with 4m viewers: The show is the spin-off of Sanremo Festival focused on kids and hosted by Antonella Clerici read more
- Rome - 22/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series E' arrivata la felicità above the average share: The prime time slot dominated by football Champions read more
- Milano - 21/02/2018 Canale5 celeb reality show Survivor VIP won pt slot with 4.4m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of drama series È arrivata la felicità 2. read more
- Milano - 20/02/2018 Very good results for TV movie Il Commissario Montalbano - 10.816.000 viewers: Canale5 soap opera Il Segreto recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more