Hat Trick International delivers new Whose Line Is It Anyway? to global audience
Format | London | 12/09/2017
Leading independent distributor Hat Trick International has signed a host of deals for the brand new season of the CW’s Whose Line is it Anyway?, the US adaptation of the acclaimed unscripted comedy show format.
From Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions, the fifth season of Whose Line is it Anyway? made its debut on the CW in the US earlier this year. Hat Trick International has confirmed international acquisitions of this new 12-episode season by M-Net Africa, Comedy Channel Australia, Viacom 18 India and MTG Norway. With 98 episodes now available, the US series has now sold to a total of 104 countries.
The Whose Line is it Anyway? format has now been remade and/or optioned in 13 countries, including Finland (Rabbit Films for MTV3), Holland (BNN-Vara) and Vietnam (Dong Tay Promotion). A 10-episode Australian version also recently launched, executive produced by Kevin Whyte, Guesswork Television, and Craig Campbell, +61 TV exclusively for Foxtel’s Comedy Channel, which Hat Trick International has secured for distribution in the international market.
Sarah Tong, Director of Sales at Hat Trick International, commented, “Whose Line is it Anyway? continues to be a stand-out hit around the world, and I’m very pleased to confirm this roster of new acquisitions as the CW’s adaptation reaches its fifth season. The US version has seen this long-running favourite go from strength to strength, offering broadcasters globally-relevant and utterly hilarious improvised comedy perfect for primetime schedules.”
Inspired by Hat Trick Productions’ original Whose Line is it Anyway? (created and produced by Dan Patterson & Mark Leveson) series for Channel 4, which aired for ten years, the Angst Productions/Hat Trick US version of the unforgettable improvisation show features some of the original as well as brand new games and the best in exciting new comedy talent. Hosted by Aisha Tyler (The Talk, CSI, Friends), the show also stars three long standing favourites, Wayne Brady, Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, as well as new talent and celebrity guests.
Strepitoso esordio per il nuovo game show di Canale 5 The Wall
The US version of The Final Four will premiere in January 2018
Keshet Sells quiz show Contact to Record TV Brasil
Global Agency signs deals for My Wife rules in Latam at Mipcancun
Italia 1 ha lanciato Giù in 60 secondi - Adrenalina ad alta quota
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more