Hat Trick International delivers new Whose Line Is It Anyway? to global audience
Format | London | 12/09/2017
Leading independent distributor Hat Trick International has signed a host of deals for the brand new season of the CW’s Whose Line is it Anyway?, the US adaptation of the acclaimed unscripted comedy show format.
From Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions, the fifth season of Whose Line is it Anyway? made its debut on the CW in the US earlier this year. Hat Trick International has confirmed international acquisitions of this new 12-episode season by M-Net Africa, Comedy Channel Australia, Viacom 18 India and MTG Norway. With 98 episodes now available, the US series has now sold to a total of 104 countries.
The Whose Line is it Anyway? format has now been remade and/or optioned in 13 countries, including Finland (Rabbit Films for MTV3), Holland (BNN-Vara) and Vietnam (Dong Tay Promotion). A 10-episode Australian version also recently launched, executive produced by Kevin Whyte, Guesswork Television, and Craig Campbell, +61 TV exclusively for Foxtel’s Comedy Channel, which Hat Trick International has secured for distribution in the international market.
Sarah Tong, Director of Sales at Hat Trick International, commented, “Whose Line is it Anyway? continues to be a stand-out hit around the world, and I’m very pleased to confirm this roster of new acquisitions as the CW’s adaptation reaches its fifth season. The US version has seen this long-running favourite go from strength to strength, offering broadcasters globally-relevant and utterly hilarious improvised comedy perfect for primetime schedules.”
Inspired by Hat Trick Productions’ original Whose Line is it Anyway? (created and produced by Dan Patterson & Mark Leveson) series for Channel 4, which aired for ten years, the Angst Productions/Hat Trick US version of the unforgettable improvisation show features some of the original as well as brand new games and the best in exciting new comedy talent. Hosted by Aisha Tyler (The Talk, CSI, Friends), the show also stars three long standing favourites, Wayne Brady, Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, as well as new talent and celebrity guests.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more