K7 Media heat to Mexico, backed by Government funding
Format | Manchester | 11/09/2017
International media consultancy K7 Media has embarked on a government-backed trade mission to Mexico to explore several business opportunities in the creative industries.
The Manchester-based company visited Mexico City from 3-10 September having been awarded a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) grant. The Department for International Trade (DIT), the government department charged with assisting UK businesses to export and grow into global markets, has assisted K7 Media with the mission.
The United Kingdom already exports over £5.03 billion to countries in Latin America.
Based in the Mexican capital for the duration of the visit, K7 Media’s Tom Burton and Ella Turner met television broadcasters, SVOD platforms and others to learn more about the territory and progress new business opportunities.
Almost 90% of K7 Media's clients are based outside the UK. In 2017 it broadened its global reach as a business with the opening of a new office base in the Netherlands. K7 Media continues to travel extensively and is scheduled to present at international media conferences in France and South Korea, having already appeared this year at events in India, Ukraine, Finland and the United States.
Keri Lewis Brown, Managing Director at K7 Media, said: “It is important for us as a business with a global client base to explore the potential for expansion into new territories.
“The creative industries in Latin America are booming. We recently launched a monthly Latin America report and, with a number of Spanish speakers among our researchers, it makes logical sense for us to look to build commercial relationships in that part of the world.”
Acting Regional Director, Department for International Trade North West, Paul Stowers, said: “Latin America presents a fantastic opportunity for K7 Media, and other companies. It’s great to see K7 Media exploring new markets with our support and I wish K7 Media every success with this and other international projects”
K7 Media offers bespoke research services to broadcasters, producers, distributors and advertisers across the world. It continues to expand its current range of client services, while maintaining the delivery of its indispensable media reports.
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
Paranormal format Secret of Numbers adapted in Indonesia
Keshet hit Rising Star retains position as #1 talent show in Israel
The Story Lab has reached a deal for a Chinese version of Game of Clones
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more