K7 Media heat to Mexico, backed by Government funding
Format | Manchester | 11/09/2017
International media consultancy K7 Media has embarked on a government-backed trade mission to Mexico to explore several business opportunities in the creative industries.
The Manchester-based company visited Mexico City from 3-10 September having been awarded a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) grant. The Department for International Trade (DIT), the government department charged with assisting UK businesses to export and grow into global markets, has assisted K7 Media with the mission.
The United Kingdom already exports over £5.03 billion to countries in Latin America.
Based in the Mexican capital for the duration of the visit, K7 Media’s Tom Burton and Ella Turner met television broadcasters, SVOD platforms and others to learn more about the territory and progress new business opportunities.
Almost 90% of K7 Media's clients are based outside the UK. In 2017 it broadened its global reach as a business with the opening of a new office base in the Netherlands. K7 Media continues to travel extensively and is scheduled to present at international media conferences in France and South Korea, having already appeared this year at events in India, Ukraine, Finland and the United States.
Keri Lewis Brown, Managing Director at K7 Media, said: “It is important for us as a business with a global client base to explore the potential for expansion into new territories.
“The creative industries in Latin America are booming. We recently launched a monthly Latin America report and, with a number of Spanish speakers among our researchers, it makes logical sense for us to look to build commercial relationships in that part of the world.”
Acting Regional Director, Department for International Trade North West, Paul Stowers, said: “Latin America presents a fantastic opportunity for K7 Media, and other companies. It’s great to see K7 Media exploring new markets with our support and I wish K7 Media every success with this and other international projects”
K7 Media offers bespoke research services to broadcasters, producers, distributors and advertisers across the world. It continues to expand its current range of client services, while maintaining the delivery of its indispensable media reports.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more