CJ E&M to unveil new formats in Cannes at MIPCOM
Format | Seoul | 01/09/2017
CJ E&M is gearing up to present a variety of new titles at this year’s MIPCOM, including the unscripted format The Line-Up, co-developed with ITV Studios.
The Line-Up is a game show that reinterprets the process of decoding people. In order to win, contestants must use their strong observation skills, high profiling accuracy and good instincts on ten mysterious subjects.
Kids in Power is a social-experiment co-developed with Gil Formats. The show sees parents delegate absolute authority to children for such matters as setting house rules, doing chores and managing money for a week. Other unscripted highlights from CJ E&M include Shadow Singer, a music entertainment format, and Leaving the Nest, a reality entertainment show.
On the scripted side, the company will be promoting Stranger, a legal thriller about a corrupt prosecution office; Live Up to Your Name, a comic fantasy medical series; Save Me, a webtoon-based crime thriller centered on a religious cult; and Black, a fantasy melodrama about a grim reaper who falls in love.
CJ E&M commented: “With continuous co-work and collaboration, we aim to bring new trends and stories providing fresh and proven format hits to our viewers across the world. From the achievements and know-hows from our ‘glocal’ hits such as reality entertainment Grandpas Over Flowers (a.k.a. Better Late Than Never) and music entertainment I Can See Your Voice, we are reaching beyond local and regional markets to create content that can appeal to and excite global viewers.”
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
Paranormal format Secret of Numbers adapted in Indonesia
Keshet hit Rising Star retains position as #1 talent show in Israel
The Story Lab has reached a deal for a Chinese version of Game of Clones
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more