CJ E&M to unveil new formats in Cannes at MIPCOM
Format | Seoul | 01/09/2017
CJ E&M is gearing up to present a variety of new titles at this year’s MIPCOM, including the unscripted format The Line-Up, co-developed with ITV Studios.
The Line-Up is a game show that reinterprets the process of decoding people. In order to win, contestants must use their strong observation skills, high profiling accuracy and good instincts on ten mysterious subjects.
Kids in Power is a social-experiment co-developed with Gil Formats. The show sees parents delegate absolute authority to children for such matters as setting house rules, doing chores and managing money for a week. Other unscripted highlights from CJ E&M include Shadow Singer, a music entertainment format, and Leaving the Nest, a reality entertainment show.
On the scripted side, the company will be promoting Stranger, a legal thriller about a corrupt prosecution office; Live Up to Your Name, a comic fantasy medical series; Save Me, a webtoon-based crime thriller centered on a religious cult; and Black, a fantasy melodrama about a grim reaper who falls in love.
CJ E&M commented: “With continuous co-work and collaboration, we aim to bring new trends and stories providing fresh and proven format hits to our viewers across the world. From the achievements and know-hows from our ‘glocal’ hits such as reality entertainment Grandpas Over Flowers (a.k.a. Better Late Than Never) and music entertainment I Can See Your Voice, we are reaching beyond local and regional markets to create content that can appeal to and excite global viewers.”
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more